Unable to change FOV of TPOD using HOTAS when Maverick screen is on other DDI

DaanJM
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hi,

I recently noticed that, whenever I have the TPOD and Maverick screens displayed on two separate DDI's, the FOV button on my HOTAS will always change the FOV of the Maverick. Even when I assign the TDC to the TPOD screen, the FOV button will change the FOV of the Maverick. 

Is this intended behaviour or is this a bug? I've attached a short track file demonstrating the issue.

Best regards,

Daan. 

FA18 FOV TPOD MAVF Issue.trk

Not 100% sure but I *think* this has always been "a thing", not sure if this is correct operation however.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi

this is correct as is the TPOD FOV is overridden by the weapon.

Thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 12:01 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

this is correct as is the TPOD FOV is overridden by the weapon.

Thanks 

what makes no sense if the soi is on the pod. Don’t know if this is that way in reality but it’s a massive annoyance 

9 hours ago, DaWu said:

what makes no sense if the soi is on the pod. Don’t know if this is that way in reality but it’s a massive annoyance 

It is that way in reality.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

16 hours ago, Tholozor said:

The RAID/FOV switch always gives priority to weapon sensors (MAV, HARM), regardless of where the TDC is assigned.

Explains a lot. The HARM overriding RAID/FOV press when TGP is active has been annoying me for ages. Figured it was a bug, and was going to report it until I found this post.