PTT button press/release sounds

Freakmeister51

On 6/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, filthymanc said:

Yes, I noticed this. Was it just the crackle on and off previously?

Yes, it was like what you would expect when keying the mic. Also, i have the  noticed that we don't get the bleep to acknowledge the first part of the request. You can say the whole sentence now for a high bleep at the end.

I still get the bleep in the middle

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On 6/26/2021 at 4:35 AM, Freakmeister51 said:

I cannot get the radio PTT sound back to the way it was. All i'm getting is that awful 'budum' sound, ( sorry, that's the only way i can describe it in writing). Is anyone else getting this and is there a cure please?

I have been getting that for a while now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 6/26/2021 at 4:35 AM, Freakmeister51 said:

I cannot get the radio PTT sound back to the way it was. All i'm getting is that awful 'budum' sound, ( sorry, that's the only way i can describe it in writing). Is anyone else getting this and is there a cure please?

I have had the same issue for a good long while....I have never been able to narrow down exactly what is causing it. To me it seems some command is happening when the PTT is released that should not be .

The fix for me was to go into VA options (the wrench bottom right of the VA window), go to "Audio" and uncheck "Notification Sounds" box top center of the window.  I think it got turned on after updating VA.

• Like 2

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

6 hours ago, Tshark said:

The fix for me was to go into VA options (the wrench bottom right of the VA window), go to "Audio" and uncheck "Notification Sounds" box top center of the window.  I think it got turned on after updating VA.

:thumbsup:

Looks like that has taken care of it for me as well, thank you so much!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

15 hours ago, Tshark said:

Thanks Tshark, that's totally done the trick. I'm still not getting the acknowledgement bleep between statements. e.g Tower/bleep/Request startup/bleep. Not that it matters too much as i can see the request coming up on my voice attack panel.