Does FreeTrack work with BS?

wiimote uses less cpu than trackir :P

if you've got cpu to spare definitely go for the ps3 eye, otherwise stick to wiimote

What's the big advantage of the ps3 eyecam? just the 120 fps? but do a few more frames really matter?

Yes but what about the ps3 eyecam? which is better? i'd like to know before deciding. but glad to hear the Wii mote out performs webcams.

Dont know about the ps3 eyecam but this schould help you in your decision

Wii mote:

-Built in IR-tracker 1024x768 res 100fps

-Bluetooth connection

-Built-in accelerometer

-Vibration

-Works as Game controller

-All programmable (even the accelerometer inputs) with PPJoy

cost approx 40USD

PS3 Eye Cam

-Makes nice pictures/videos and records your voice!!!

cost approx 40USD

Choose yourself!!! :music_whistling:

;)

Edit: You can be sure I know how you are feeling right now! I had to go through this hell also some time ago.

But lets face it: nobody can take this weight from you . You have to decide for your own!

Edit the Edit: And after you have made the decision there is always this strange feeling:"Have I done the right thing?" -for the rest of your life!- And you can't step backwards!!

Edited by urze

• 4 weeks later...

What about for the Western Release (and maybe a future patch for the Russian release) that will put the NP dll in the SF protected library?

As it stands I guess that will make FT inoperative unless/until you circumvent StarForce which is of course outside the terms of BS purchase....

Is there a plan for this eventuality?

r.

I hope FT will be supported, not only one monopoly. From 3rd perspective it will look weird if there will be no support.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 2 weeks later...

TY for all the info guys. BTW i still have my original track IR, which I never could get to work right in IL2

But I'd like to try freetrack with BS.

I have a wii remote.

can I get it working in vista64?

some posts mention ppjoy, which I know will not work in vista64.

I will be using russian version for now.

ty sirs

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

As a owner of the PS3 eye I say it works very well, FT does not allow more then 30Fps btw but it never dips below 30 using PS3Eye, unlike my old logitech vt1000 webcam that drops frames if I move to fast.

Don't forget the cost of the blue tooth adapter for use with the Wii (20 bux)

PS3eye is solid for FT and low on CPU hit, just put a floppy disk film in front of it(IR Filter) and your set to go.