Logbook Frustration

I've recently been trying to play through the Su-25 campaign Cold War Warrior, trying to get as far as I can without being KIA. So, I set the pilot in my logbook to vulnerable (ie. he can be killed). The idea being to follow the pilots stats with progress and just create a new pilot each time I'm killed in the campaign.

Recently, I made it through to mission 3 (furthest I've been). In between attempts at mission 3, I had a casual practice in the new Hind module and got myself killed by VRS. It was when I next tried to return to my Su-25 campaign, I realised I'd lost all progress because I'd unwittingly flown the Hind with the same pilot, and got him killed. Back to Mission 1.

Suggested fixes:

1) Display a small box on the main menu somewhere that shows which pilot you're using.

and/or

2) When you create a pilot, you can use tick boxes to select which aircraft he's able to fly.

• Like 1

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

2 minutes ago, martinistripes said:

I've recently been trying to play through the Su-25 campaign Cold War Warrior, trying to get as far as I can without being KIA. So, I set the pilot in my logbook to vulnerable (ie. he can be killed). The idea being to follow the pilots stats with progress and just create a new pilot each time I'm killed in the campaign.

Recently, I made it through to mission 3 (furthest I've been). In between attempts at mission 3, I had a casual practice in the new Hind module and got myself killed by VRS. It was when I next tried to return to my Su-25 campaign, I realised I'd lost all progress because I'd unwittingly flown the Hind with the same pilot, and got him killed. Back to Mission 1.

Suggested fixes:

1) Display a small box on the main menu somewhere that shows which pilot you're using.

and/or

2) When you create a pilot, you can use tick boxes to select which aircraft he's able to fly.

Your suggestion for option 2 has merit - kind of like you have to be checked out in a particular airframe - before records are kept?

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

3 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Are you aware that you can resurrect your pilot by editing the "forgot the name".lua in your Saved Games?
Apart from that I second your idea. emoji4.png
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

No, I wasn't... I've just checked my Saved Games\DCS folder. Can't find the .lua that controls the logbook though.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

If this is about the logbook.lua file, it's in the MissionEditor folder ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\MissionEditor\logbook.lua ).

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

If this is about the logbook.lua file, it's in the MissionEditor folder ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\MissionEditor\logbook.lua ).
Thanks Flappie! That's the one!

No, I wasn't... I've just checked my Saved Games\DCS folder. Can't find the .lua that controls the logbook though.
Check out Flappie's post. That's the one.

And by all means use something like Notepad++ to edit, you probably know already though. And what you want to look for is the name of the pilot and change dead from 1 to 0 or something similar.
I'm not at my computer or I would have posted a screenshot!
Good luck!