IR exhaust supressors yay or nay?

CrazyGman

How do people feel about the mi-24 exhaust supressors, i'm not sure if i like the look of them or not.

I wonder how much added benifit they have as the Russian ones in the Syria conflict didn't have them installed but did put down flares in their attack runs. Maybe the threat potential was pretty low but the decided to drop flares to give "some" protection "afterall it works for jets" 

I've been flying with them on since the begining but i wonder what taking them off in game does in terms of the hinds prrformance (top speed) climb etc, i'm unfortunatly out of town so i can't test it, but I was wondering what the diference in game is and if anyone has tested it to sone degree. Also what is the penelties of having them installed in real life?

Edited by CrazyGman
  • Like 1

• CrazyGman changed the title to IR exhaust supressors yay or nay?
5 hours ago, Mainstay said:

I think they are ugly as hell and I want an option in the rearming window to put them on or off. They are forced on now in MP by default. 

Yeah I feel that having the as a added "pylon" option like the chaff flare dispensers in the MiG 21 would be prefereable

• Like 1

I would think the same as you guys, we need an option to add or not the IR Supressors in the rearming window, I only play multiplayer, and is frustrating to fly with the supressors, because I may not need it for the mission I'm doing on that moment. Pleeeease, listen us ED!

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 1:41 PM, CrazyGman said:

Yeah I feel that having the as a added "pylon" option like the chaff flare dispensers in the MiG 21 would be prefereable

Just make it a tickbox in a similar way the hardpoints are on the Huey and Hip.

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F-4E, Mi-24P, AJS 37, AV-8B N/A, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

12 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Just make it a tickbox in a similar way the hardpoints are on the Huey and Hip.

Screen_210727_072853.png

there is no tickbox in the arming menü. not even for the mi8. thats the point in the mission editor is a tickbox:

Screen_210727_072912.png

i also one of these guys that like the look with supressors more.^^