Red exclamation marks on Throttle and Rudder

Spandex

Hello.

Since the last 3/4 open beta patches, I have red exclamation marks next to my Throttle Both and Rudder Axis. 

image.png

After a deinstall, removing the default bindings in the Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\F-14, and a reinstall, everything works fine.

However, after I close DCS and I select the F14 the next time I'm simming, the red exclemation marks reappear.

There are NO double bindings, and the F14 is the only plane in my collection which has this issue.

Clearing the default bindings doesn't fix it either, but after a reinstall as mentioned before, it works again for one session.

Hope someone can help me fix this issue, cause the F14 bugs are biting and I can't scratch the itch...

Kind regards,

Stephan

Any mods? 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 4 months later...

For what it's worth. I've had this with Throttle on the FW's. Did all the suggestions of clear the entries, restart, rebind etc. Didn't work.

But then I disconnected my X-Box throttle that I have for views in MSFS2020, it was not showing as a device, I had deleted that catergory....fired up the sim and the throttle was having no problem. Hope this helps someone

I have some of them in the AJS-37 Viggen too, so if its the same problem in the background, it is not specific to F-14.

But specific to HB :laugh:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

15 hours ago, TOViper said:

I have some of them in the AJS-37 Viggen too, so if its the same problem in the background, it is not specific to F-14.

But specific to HB :laugh:

Nope, not even specific to HB. I have red exclamation marks on my A-10C controls, because mine are incredible old and cause conflicts with chagnes ED made recently. As long as everything works fine, you can just ignore them.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Mine are shown e.g. for the new Actions, like Ground Crew settings for the kneeboard, that became available with the newest update.
It seems not (only) related to "old" ones, but new ones too.
See: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/290170-question-regarding-red-exclamation-marks/

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

2 hours ago, TOViper said:

Mine are shown e.g. for the new Actions, like Ground Crew settings for the kneeboard, that became available with the newest update.
It seems not (only) related to "old" ones, but new ones too.
See: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/290170-question-regarding-red-exclamation-marks/

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. ED added new actions for the A-10C, which have red exclamation marks in my controls, as they conflict in some way with my old config. But again, if everything works fine you can just ignore them.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

I’m having the same issue with wing sweep bindings on the F14 and I also have no conflicts!

Is the OP still having this issue?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, wmar67 said:

I'd like to know if anyone found a fix for this...I now have the same issue and I can't see any conflicts anywhere

TM Warthog?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 6 months later...

So, I said above, that I have red exclamation marks as well (with the A-10C), but they didn't bother me, as everything worked just fine.

Well, now I have a red exclamation mark that does bother me (with the Ka-50), as the function in question (Trim Control) does not work at all, regardless of what I map it to. The red exclamation mark is even there if I completely unbind all the mappings from it. This issue came with todays BS3 upgrade and I have it with the Ka-50 III as well as with the Ka-50 II now.
Any idea what I can do to fix this without having to redo my controls? 🤷‍♂️

image.png

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Any idea what I can do to fix this without having to redo my controls?

Did you try the fix linked above? Of course you'd have to go looking for TMWH profile in Ka-50 folders.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 12/17/2022 at 12:23 AM, draconus said:

Did you try the fix linked above? Of course you'd have to go looking for TMWH profile in Ka-50 folders.

No, because I was hoping for a way to fix this without having to redo all the control binds for this aircraft, but oh well... I guess there's no way around it :noexpression:

Tornado3 small.jpg