Speedbrake indication

Colvike
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

4 hours ago, Colvike said:

Is there any indication, in the cockpit, for the position of your speedbrakes ?

There is indication of whether they are deployed or not, but no indication of the angle/extent to which they are deployed.  For that you need to glance over your shoulder, or practice 'one potato two potato' for the correct approach position.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

I had the same problem. I solved it not with the Virpil Alpha Stick and the Virpil Link Software. 

That allows you to change the colour of the LEDs depending on parameters. One of the parameters that you can choose is your speedbrake angle. 

I would not suggest to buy Virpil just because you want a speedbrake indication for the f-16 😄

• 2 years later...