Engine Desynch - No associated noise

pierrewind

Hello,

I have enjoyed discovering the mosquito. Though, I am a bit disapointed by the lack of twin specific sound. 

On a twin when engine RPM doesn't match precisely, the sum of the two "high" frequencies creates a third low frequency sound. 

Opening two pages and playing two close (but not identical) frequencies will demonstrate this effect very clearly.

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

I look forward to having to set my props precisely !

• Like 2

Yes. Very disappointed here too. (All the rest is very good though.)

I have flown multi-ginned prop aircraft in the real world, and synchronizing the RPMs is done mainly by listening to the audio beat.

Here is what a real mosquito sounds like on final approach when small power adjustments de-synchronize the engines

mozzieonfinal.mp3.

The only thing better than the sound of a Merlin is ... the sound of two or more of them!

• Thanks 1

This is absolutely something we could do with looking at. The multi engine world is a whole new level and fiddling with the prop levers is part of it. 

I would also like to point out that not all engines/props will have the same power output with the same throttle position, one might need to be slightly further forward or back to match the other. This could be engine age, more wear and tear etc. Stuff like that would be game changing! (probably need a special option for this though as people with single throttles will struggle). 

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals