Dora canopy reflections

Slice313

I have been spending some time with the Dora lately and after many hours with the 109, P-47 or A8, I have to say that Dora's canopy reflections are very difficult to deal with, with certain light conditions you cannot see anything, zero.

I think, this is an important issue since it affects directly to a core element, which is to "see" from the inside the plane. That new reflection tech, I hope it gets added to the Dora soon because it certainly needs it.

Edited by Slice313
  • Like 4

As somebody who flies in VR I tend to think the way they do reflections needs to be re-examined a bit.

Don't know the details on the tech that they use or what changes are in store, but a big problem is that we can't focus like we can in real life -- that is to say, we can't look through/past the reflections as we can in the real world.

I hope they attempt to at least address this when they take a closer look at their VR support, and if it is a problem that can't be solved on the tech side, I think the opacity of the reflections needs to be greatly reduced, or it should be a client-side option.

• Like 4

Hello, In order to get rid of the reflection, you can use this mod :

or my mod  (less intrusive and more user friendly but may not work with all planes ansd it's not giving the fps boost of the first one)

Or both, that is the best solution from my point of view.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

On 9/25/2021 at 10:47 AM, Slice313 said:

But mods can’t pass integrity check … ☹️

we need an official solution from ED. 

Extract attached file to:

c:\users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\

It passes IC just fine.

But yes, I would agree about them hopefully toning down reflections to a reasonable level in the future, especially in VR.

The ones currently in the game look good in screenshots, but are far too unrealistically obstructive.

temp_v4.zip

Edited by kablamoman
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kablamoman said:

Extract attached file to:

c:\users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\

It passes IC just fine.

But yes, I would agree about them hopefully toning down reflections to a reasonable level in the future, especially in VR.

They ones currently in the game look good in screenshots, but are far too unrealistically obstructive.

temp_v4.zip 4.59 MB · 3 downloads

oh really? I can’t wait to try it, thank you so much for the help! 

already tried, amazing! I can see! I can see now! 

Edited by Slice313

• 2 months later...