DTC for DCS - new version 7.2.0 - Apache added

SFJackBauer

Nice work. I have a few suggestions if you'd like...

• Quick upload buttons for each plane using their previous config at the main menu under where the plane is selected? If you are preloading everything, that might be as easy as dragging over a few buttons and linking the function.
  • You can change the name of the window. It's still on default Form1. I think the properties of the CS file at the bottom right lets you rename all of it but I forgot if that's how it works exactly.

Edited by FusRoPotato

On 8/11/2023 at 4:49 PM, FusRoPotato said:

Nice work. I have a few suggestions if you'd like...

• Quick upload buttons for each plane using their previous config at the main menu under where the plane is selected? If you are preloading everything, that might be as easy as dragging over a few buttons and linking the function.
  • You can change the name of the window. It's still on default Form1. I think the properties of the CS file at the bottom right lets you rename all of it but I forgot if that's how it works exactly.

1. Cool idea. But there is already a long list of features to be implemented, and I track feature requests mainly on Discord to make my life easier.

2. I am pretty sure I changed the name a few versions ago, make sure you are on the latest version.

21 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

@SFJackBauer will take a peek a the latest version.  This has the latest iteration of the popup planner @kikaku had passed you for the viper still correct ? 

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by that, the Popup Planner is a separate software and is publicly available. But I am talking to @kikaku about the possibility of integrating it into DTC directly.

However you can take the values generated by the planner and input into DTC for uploading to the jet as part of the routine.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SFJackBauer said:

Not sure what you mean by that, the Popup Planner is a separate software and is publicly available. But I am talking to @kikaku about the possibility of integrating it into DTC directly.

However you can take the values generated by the planner and input into DTC for uploading to the jet as part of the routine.

Ah ok, I misunderstood from a while ago, with previous versions I thought it was integrated into another page on the DTC for the viper, but I guess your right would have to still plug into the offsets.  Hopefully you can get something worked out with him and it can be incorporated into subsequent updates.  Its an extremely powerful tool. 

Would be so awesome some day to have similar setup to the WDP we had for F4 attached image.   You guys have been doing great work thus far.   Cannot begin to imagine how much time the DTC has saved our group in data entry. 

Thanks again. 

null

image.png

Edited by Shrike88
added image
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey guys any help please, I have installed the files in the correct path however its not recognizing them ? I even tried the manual install, That DCSDTC.lua is right there int he folder its pointing to with the error however this keeps popping up ? 

Im guessing its a silly easy fix.  

Thanks

null

image.png

7 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Hey guys any help please, I have installed the files in the correct path however its not recognizing them ? I even tried the manual install, That DCSDTC.lua is right there int he folder its pointing to with the error however this keeps popping up ? 

Im guessing its a silly easy fix.  

Thanks

null

image.png

I'm not sure what the cause of your issue is, but I strongly suggest that you join the DCS DTC discord where the developer is more active than here on the forums. You'll most definitely get a faster response that way.

https://discord.gg/dcBWPNMw

• Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 2 weeks later...

What an excellent app! Thanks to all that helped put it together.

Suggestions please:
1) Set default ICP page in Viper
2) Option for the DTC app to start in the Upload screen of a selected jet. Or not have to be in the Upload screen to load any jet. I am guessing this may be a limitation.

Thanks again!

Edited by 104th_Crunch

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 7:34 PM, SFJackBauer said:

[General] New VR-friendly coordinate capture method. Ctrl+Shift+D will open a window while in a mission allowing you to capture coordinates and send to the DTC app.

image.png

Is there a way for the user to change that "CTL SHF D" combo in settings somewhere? 
It conflicts with one of my pit keystroke and once that window is open I can't move it and cannot close it

Many Thanks for the app it's a great asset 🙂

• Like 2

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@SFJackBauerGood afternoon, does the mod know how to enter coordinates into a smart weapon? For example, in JDAM. I fly on the F15E, I would like not to suffer with loading coordinates into weapons

Edited by prianik

I7 10700 KF | RTX 3080 | HyperX Fury 64 GB | Oculus quest 3 | VPC WarBRD Base + VPC Constellation ALPHA GripVPC MongoosT-50CM3 ThrottleVPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals |

On 10/29/2023 at 5:34 AM, Red Dog said:

Is there a way for the user to change that "CTL SHF D" combo in settings somewhere? 
It conflicts with one of my pit keystroke and once that window is open I can't move it and cannot close it

Many Thanks for the app it's a great asset 🙂

There is an option now.

On 1/2/2024 at 11:56 AM, PunchOut said:

Do you plan on adding transponder/IFF options for the F-15E?

Plans, yes.

• Thanks 1

• SFJackBauer changed the title to DTC for DCS - new version 7.1.0
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the update guys ! Keep up the great work.   The amount of time this last year this DTC has saved me alone with data entry is totaling in the hours.  Great seeing a mod with as much community and work behind it as well as a growing team and base on Github.

Great Work !  looking forward to 2024

• Thanks 1

Please report any issues on DTC Discord - https://discord.gg/saCACg99EZ by creating a post in the Bugs section.

Features

Apache added. Features included are:

• Waypoints, hazards, control measures, targets and threats input
  • Routes
  • TSD settings

The in-cockpit upload button is the Defog button for both Pilot and CPG (hold it for > 1 second)

[F-15E] Allow editing of Bullseye BE1 coordinates
[F-15E] Added TGP laser code setting

Bugfixes

[F-15E] Fix input of first steerpoint as a target point
[F18] Right click + Decrement sequences now decrement all the way to zero

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• SFJackBauer changed the title to DTC for DCS - new version 7.2.0 - Apache added
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a weird issue I need to resolve really fast. When starting for the first time, it says "DTC is not installed at C:/Users/xxx/Saved Games/DCS. This location doesnt exist on my hard drive.  How do I correct this? Its literally asking me to install in a directory that doesnt exist, and the only thing I saved was the saved games folder that was saved en masse before my format. LIterally, it should be installed at C:/Users/ME/Saved Games/DCS....

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

11 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I have a weird issue I need to resolve really fast. When starting for the first time, it says "DTC is not installed at C:/Users/xxx/Saved Games/DCS. This location doesnt exist on my hard drive.  How do I correct this? Its literally asking me to install in a directory that doesnt exist, and the only thing I saved was the saved games folder that was saved en masse before my format. LIterally, it should be installed at C:/Users/ME/Saved Games/DCS....

I believe it's looking for the "Scripts" folder, inside of your \Saved Games\DCS\ folder... wherever that scripts folder is, that's the path you're looking for (minus the "scripts" since it will be assumed that subfolder exists, which it will if your DCS works).

If you manually typed out that path, try using the correct dividers, Windows uses \ not / like linux. ie, c:\users\[your user name here]\Saved Games\DCS...

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

I have a dual boot system right now; I wonder if it got accidentally pointed at THAT directory during install, but thats weird because that directory resides on another hard disk.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 4/3/2024 at 12:11 AM, Hammer1-1 said:

I have a dual boot system right now; I wonder if it got accidentally pointed at THAT directory during install, but thats weird because that directory resides on another hard disk.

Check the dtc-settings.json file inside your Documents\DCS-DTC folder. It will store whatever path it thinks DCS is installed in that file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

that worked, thanks!

My wallpaper and skins