Question on all future DCS modules!

Vekkinho

Hi all,

this was probably mentioned before in FAQ but I couldn't resist. I wonder what's gonna happen with future DCS modules. In other words is DCS:Black Shark an obligatory product required for installing future modules or not?!! Are future modules standalones or not?!

The other question would be skipping a module, OK we have ka-50 and the next one is AH-64 IIRC. But let's say I'm not interested in another helo so I skip that one. Let's say I go straight for A-10C from Ka-50! Possible?!

Thanks and sorry for asking things like this if they're already covered in FAQ!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Q: How will multiplayer compatibility be ensured between players with different DCS modules?

A: The base DCS simulation environment will be continually upgraded and improved with release of new modules. However, as each new DCS base version is released, all DCS users can upgrade to the same base version to ensure compatibility. The only difference between players would be the selection of what aircraft would be player-controllable versus AI-controlled according to which modules were purchased.

;)

Heh, but don't get me wrong, I'm also interested in Apache but I just used it to form a question. I know some folks may not be very interested in every and each DCS module so I had to ask.

However with a condescending price tag like DCS:BS has every future module is good to have!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Acedy, so if I skip 2nd module and install 3rd onto a BS I'll have all the new game ugrades of 2nd except Flyable aircraft it features, right?!

As far as I understand it you will be provided all updates of the game engine for free via patches (to guarantee MP compatibility), just adding more flyables will cost you something

Afaik the next DCS module will be A-10A not C... Or maybe AH-64A. The progress with working on F-16 has stopped for some reason. As for me i'm not actually interested what flyable would be next - i'm waiting for new engine and multicore support first) And flyables are always good no matter which comes first. However if ED releases F/A-18C one day i'd be the happiest person on the entire planet)

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Afaik the next DCS module will be A-10A not C...

....Much of the content of this DTS will make its way into "DCS: A-10C Warthog".

;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ok, my bad) Will give a link as soon as i find the thread - somewhere in the russian part of the forum

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Ok, here it goes...

Thread "3D models of Su-27 and MiG-29", page 47, post #465 - russian part of the forum. Posted by Skylark. I'll try to translate: " The work on F-16 is stopped now. That's minus. Among pluses - high degree of readiness...The model is very authentic..." Can't give the link right now - opera mini, mobile version)