Wrong engine sound position

some1

Engine sound source position is located literally inside pilot's head. If you move the head left-right and forward-back you can hear the sound jumping between speakers. 

soundF86.trk

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

DCS 2.7.7.14727 Open Beta       DCS: F-86F Sabre by Eagle Dynamics

• Fix the Engine sound position for the cockpit.

------------------------------------------------------

Tried a long flight with the beta and the sound in the F-86 cockpit did not drop out.   Hopefully that problem is now gone. 

8 hours ago, Miles Vorkosigan said:

One of our pilots lost sound last night so...not fixed by the sound position update.

I've seen a few reports about losing sound since the latest update release. I think it has nothing to do with the Sabre.
Please don't mix issues.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

I've seen a few reports about losing sound since the latest update release. I think it has nothing to do with the Sabre.
Please don't mix issues.

He's not mixing issues.  The sound going out in the F-86 is a two year plus known bug, if I recall correctly.  I know it's been a problem as long as I've owned the module.

He's stating it looks like the fix for sound position, (yay for the quick fix), unfortunately did not also fix the sound bug that has been around much longer.

Ok, I didn't know about the Sabre "no more sound" issue. It is nonetheless a different issue than the sound position issue, which was the object of this thread.

I'd like to help ED fixing the Sabre "no sound" issue. Is it easily reproducible or totally random?

Edited by Flappie
typo

34 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Ok, I didn't know about the Sabre "no more sound" issue. It is nonetheless a different issue than the sound position issue, which was the object of this thread.

I'd like to help ED fixing the Sabre "no sound" issue. Is it easily reproducible or totally random?

@Flappie

It is a really old bug. Hard to trace. It happed to me perhaps 2 or 3 times in all these years. But when it happened during gameplay, in the track replay it didn't occure.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

There's a useful sound debug option to activate in autoexec.cfg:

It traces all sound activity in the Logs folder. If some of you Sabre pilots are often getting this issue, it would be interesting to enable this debug mode and to attach your sound log as soon as you notice the issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flappie said:

Please don't mix issues.

I was responding to another post above mine in that they hoped this bug fix would also fix the "No cockpit sound" bug. And I am surprised that you have not heard of it, you posted in that bug thread on September 5th. 

Thanks for trying to help out though.

1 hour ago, Miles Vorkosigan said:

And I am surprised that you have not heard of it, you posted in that bug thread on September 5th.

It seems I forgot about this one, yes. I even already told about the sound debug log mode. Crappy memory.