TMS FWD Long not creating SPI

Hi everyone.

Few weeks ago I bought A-10C Tank Killer for DCS. I was flying with Thrustmaster T1600M. It was great, was working perfectly. Recently I bought Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and I'm having problem with two things. First of all is creating SPI with TGP by clicking TMS FWD LONG. It's simply not working at all, it is not creating SPI. It locks target from area mode to point mode by clicking it short, but that's it. Second issue outcomming from the first one is I cannot slave TGP to SPI, because there is no SPI at all. Clicking China Hat FWD Long is not working. However China Hat AFT Long Works perfectly so is China Hat FWD Short for zoom of TGP. It was all fun and games, with T1600M, all worked perfectly, but now with warthog something went wrong. I had profile for T1600M, but deleted it. Reinstalled game few times (I have Steam version). The button on joystick and throttles phisically works, so it is more like binding problem or my stupidity and not paying attention while learing.

Could you guys be so kind and help me a bit with that?

Brgds,
Chris.

Not sure what your level of familiarity is, so forgive me if this sounds condescending--

Aside from ensuring your bindings are correct, you do realize the main indication that TMS Forward Long worked is that whatever is currently SOI will show up in the lower left of the HUD.  If your TGP is SOI, and you do TMS FL, TGP should appear on the HUD.   Sure, the wedding cake icon will appear where the TGP is currently pointing on the TAD and in the HMCS, but the HUD label is your main cue as to what is doing the pointing.

Likewise, China Hat FL will only work if your TGP is not set as the current SPI (since there not be another pointer to slave it to).

As to the key bindings, make sure you're not running the joystick through the TM TARGET software, and view the DirectX inputs through a joystick monitor or the window "USB Game Controllers" window to make sure you're not having a noisy button.  If it's flickering when held down, it may not be read as a long press, but it's hard to imagine you would have TWO separate buttons doing that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

Likewise, China Hat FL will only work if your TGP is not set as the current SPI (since there not be another pointer to slave it to).

To expand a little on that, just to make it a little clearer to OP: When the TGP is generating the SPI (when it reads "TGP" in the lower left corner of the HUD), then wherever the TGP looks, that is the SPI. China Hat Forward long will still slave all other sensors to the SPI, but the TGP won't do anything, because it's already looking at the SPI.

• Like 2