how do you get half off your first purchase in standalone?

Skwirl865

Sorry to say, but after buying stuff through steam and several issues with steam i simply stopped buying any thing anymore there.

I stick to companies that maintain their own buying and licensing options. Even re-bought IL2 sturmovik GB again on a sale because of that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 5:15 AM, Eugel said:

Did you already transfer the modules you bought on steam to the standalone version ?
If so, I guess, it doesn´t register as a first purchase anymore.

Yep. I did.   That’s crazy that somehow that robs you of your discount just because u decided to switch on your own. 

• ED Team
On 10/22/2021 at 6:30 PM, Skwirl865 said:

on my sons account. he has a few modules but i bought them all on steam if im not mistaken but when i get ready to buy something on standalone, theres no discount

If you already have modules on steam the 50% discount is not valid sorry. The offer is for new accounts only with no modules purchased modules on steam or eshop. 
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/Discount/

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Oh 😞 too bad........... I have installed DCS today a second time as non-Steam standalone edition to test all these awesome modules (finally test-flying the Tiger and the Viggen how exciting!).

But even if my account is not new and therefore no discount Steam has sales for these modules too sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

New users are important to us, even if they have already purchased from Steam. Temporarily unbind your Steam purchases to your ED account, and you will get a new customer discount. Then you can bind your Steam purchases again.

• Like 2