Bugs (issues) I found on RIO Lantirn module

Japo32

Hi @Hollywood_315First say that thankyou for updating the Vaicom program Is well appreciated!

Ok here we go. I am making the spanish conversion of the latest commands and I found this issues. Have to say that the language is not a problem here as it recogizes the instructions and command them. I have used spanish version for a long time.

1. This is not lantirn one, but If I command Jester to be silent, he won't. I think this is important for our peacefull flights!. He continue giving "nails" rwr callouts.

2. The Kneeboard Extension don't recognizes the Clear notes. Of course the end of dictation is commanded before trying to clean everything.

3. Lantirn Laser: Don't know if Latch is activate or deactivate Laser (languaje barrier) but it seems to activate it. When I want to toggle the laser with laser toggle command, Jester stops firing the laser, but in 2 seconds or so he arms the laser and starts again to fire it (the L appears blinking). Don't want to burn my laser! Please help!

4. Track QHUD and Snow plow don't work. If I select a steerpoint with QDES and the Lantirn goes to that point, then after I command Snow Plow or Boresight, it jumps to the bore or snow, but quickly returns to the last area that was selected in QDES. Undesignating the lantirn don't work for this.

5.selecting other point (home point, inicial point, fix point) the lantirn becomes crazy, jumps to the point and then returns to the QDES one and then try to return to the selected not steerpoint one.

6. Selecting any target (surface, tanks, ships, etc...) the lantirn don't turns into point track.. just area track, so if the target moves then the point will be in place not following the target.

This are the first bugs/Issues I found. Of course they can be my fault, so for that reason it would be great if someone could test them. Thanks!

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 2

@Hollywood_315 These are also discovered and some of them are very important. Had to add them to the first post:

1. The most important one: AG Attack Mode Pilot and AG Attack Mode Target doesn't work. These where working previous to this one. I thoght that this was because the lantirn new selection mode by Yester was overriding the logic of Vaicom, but not installing the Lantirn produces the same problem

2. Switch Lantirn changes the first time to the TCS (Television) if I was in Lantirn view, but quickly it changes back to Lantirn. Commanding again to switch Lantirn, don't do anything. It remembers me the first bugs that I posted, where something is overriding th logic.

3. Don't know if this one is in this update. Toggle PDSTT/PSTT do not change from PD STT to PSTT. I go back to the RIO cockpit and always is set PDSTT

4. Command MAP [1-10] to point 1-3, fix initial etc, works with only some points: (Defense, home base and danger zone). Don't work for points1-3, fix, IP, or surface target

5. Aceman Orbit destination doesn't work. I think this is normal, because we don't introduce the radious nor the direction of turn. Usually Aceman commands are not very important but the fly to destination (works) and this one are very important to play as human RIO in single player while don't want to jump into pilot seat continuously. Neither works the orbit map marker.

6. None of the RIO Grid options works. Only Radar Stabilize, and Map Mark [0-10] to Grid function.

Appart from RIO module I have seen these problems also with normal Vaicom:

1. (undefined) repeat don't repeat anything of what the communications (AI or ATC) says. Don't know if this worked some day.

2. (Crew) Request NVG  don't install the NVG or changes to HMD. It has to be done via Menus

3 (Crew) Stow Boarding Ladder don't do anything (this is a totally minor one)

4. (ATC) Approach Overhead, doesn't do anything. Don't know if this was always this behaviour as this overhead feature don't appear on menus.

5. (ATC) Approach Instrument don't seem to do anything.

6. (flight) Anchor at SPI / Point / Steerpoint don't do anything. Don't know if this is a bug or the way to make it work. Any suggestion?

7. (flight) Make Recon num Miles don't produce anything. It has to be made via menus. I think this is important with the new helicopters comming.

8. Appendix Directions Fron the (north, south , west, east) commands do show in the VoiceAttack msg but the units don't follow orders. They just attack directly to the target. Don't know if this was always like this.

They seems to be a lot, but not at all!!! there are 1198 orders I give to the Vaicom and most of them are ok. But I think the most important one for me is the pilot/objetive RIO A/G mode. The A/G mode is stuck in pilot mode, so we cannot use Objetive mode in multiplayer without a human rio. 

Of course the issues with the lantirn are also important I think. Thanks!

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Appart from RIO module I have seen these problems also with normal Vaicom:

1. (undefined) repeat don't repeat anything of what the communications (AI or ATC) says. Don't know if this worked some day.

2. (Crew) Request NVG  don't install the NVG or changes to HMD. It has to be done via Menus

3 (Crew) Stow Boarding Ladder don't do anything (this is a totally minor one)

4. (ATC) Approach Overhead, doesn't do anything. Don't know if this was always this behaviour as this overhead feature don't appear on menus.

5. (ATC) Approach Instrument don't seem to do anything.

6. (flight) Anchor at SPI / Point / Steerpoint don't do anything. Don't know if this is a bug or the way to make it work. Any suggestion?

7. (flight) Make Recon num Miles don't produce anything. It has to be made via menus. I think this is important with the new helicopters comming.

8. Appendix Directions Fron the (north, south , west, east) commands do show in the VoiceAttack msg but the units don't follow orders. They just attack directly to the target. Don't know if this was always like this.

1. Never worked for me, but is recognised
2. This works, but depends on the module
3. Depends on the module, works for me
4. Gets confirmed with strange message, but doesn't do anything
5. Same as 4
6. Works for me, not for FC3
7. Works in the Ka-50, only applicable module I would guess, and the command is "kick out xx mile(s)"
8. Not sure, haven't paid attention

7) don't work for me. Works for you? I used K50 to test it.. but it didn't do anything. Just do it if I command via menus.

The 6, how have to be done? I say to my 3 F18 wingman and they don't do anything. They are 3 categories. Point, steerpoint and spi. How do you do it for each category? I selected the waypoint in the HSI but they didn't go there. Didn't try with a target point...

Number 2 I tried in the F18 and K50 and no result. Only via menus works. I think it should work in all modules as in the help pdf it is written with an "X" as all modules ("0" is module specific)

On 11/17/2021 at 8:11 PM, Japo32 said:

7) don't work for me. Works for you? I used K50 to test it.. but it didn't do anything. Just do it if I command via menus.

The 6, how have to be done? I say to my 3 F18 wingman and they don't do anything. They are 3 categories. Point, steerpoint and spi. How do you do it for each category? I selected the waypoint in the HSI but they didn't go there. Didn't try with a target point...

Number 2 I tried in the F18 and K50 and no result. Only via menus works. I think it should work in all modules as in the help pdf it is written with an "X" as all modules ("0" is module specific)

Okay, I have tested.

2. Works works fine, just had to change the command, as it wasn't recognized anymore. Not sure what you mean by "all modules". Modules without NVG/HMD should of course not work. Tested in Hornet and Harrier.

In the Ka-50 Datalink training mission, as it's an excellent test mission for this.

6. I initially tested incorrect command. Not sure what the different commands really do though.
Reference My Steerpoint - No answer, no text
Reference My Spee -Receives answer - Works, select SPI with SHKVAL
Reference Point - Receives answer "Negative" - Works I guess. Text is "follow datalink". So I guess a "reference point" must be made in the ABRIS/SHKVAL or something.

7. You are correct. Command is recognized, but receives no answer. It used to work IIRC. Haven't flown the Ka-50 for ages.

Maybe @Hollywood_315can give some inputs.

Cheers!

11 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

2. Works works fine, just had to change the command, as it wasn't recognized anymore. Not sure what you mean by "all modules". Modules without NVG/HMD should of course not work. Tested in Hornet and Harrier.

I can change the sentences that I say, but I never knew we can change the commands? Internal ones that produces the order? how can that be done?

Yes please @Hollywood_315check out these issues, specially the first post with the RIO ones, as I think they are huge importante to make everything functional.

Thanks!

Ok, it seems that 2 of the bugs are fixed with latest update. I think the most important ones....but tested the rest and still the same (some of them are very important to use the Lantirn I think). If someone can confirm please. Thanks. Red confirmed still don't work. Black didn't test, green fixed.

1. This is not lantirn one, but If I command Jester to be silent, he won't. I think this is important for our peacefull flights!. He continue giving "nails" rwr callouts.

2. The Kneeboard Extension don't recognizes the Clear notes. Of course the end of dictation is commanded before trying to clean everything.

3. Lantirn Laser: Don't know if Latch is activate or deactivate Laser (languaje barrier) but it seems to activate it. When I want to toggle the laser with laser toggle command, Jester stops firing the laser, but in 2 seconds or so he arms the laser and starts again to fire it (the L appears blinking). Don't want to burn my laser! Please help!

4. (FIXED) Track QHUD and Snow plow don't work. If I select a steerpoint with QDES and the Lantirn goes to that point, then after I command Snow Plow or Boresight, it jumps to the bore or snow, but quickly returns to the last area that was selected in QDES. Undesignating the lantirn don't work for this.

5.selecting other point (home point, inicial point, fix point) the lantirn becomes crazy, jumps to the point and then returns to the QDES one and then try to return to the selected not steerpoint one.

6. Selecting any target (surface, tanks, ships, etc...) the lantirn don't turns into point track.. just area track, so if the target moves then the point will be in place not following the target.

7. (FIXED) The most important one: AG Attack Mode Pilot and AG Attack Mode Target doesn't work. These where working previous to this one. I thoght that this was because the lantirn new selection mode by Yester was overriding the logic of Vaicom, but not installing the Lantirn produces the same problem

8. Switch Lantirn changes the first time to the TCS (Television) if I was in Lantirn view, but quickly it changes back to Lantirn. Commanding again to switch Lantirn, don't do anything. It remembers me the first bugs that I posted, where something is overriding th logic.

9. Don't know if this one is in this update. Toggle PDSTT/PSTT do not change from PD STT to PSTT. I go back to the RIO cockpit and always is set PDSTT

10. Command MAP [1-10] to point 1-3, fix initial etc, works with only some points: (Defense, home base and danger zone). Don't work for points1-3, fix, IP, or surface target

11. Aceman Orbit destination doesn't work. I think this is normal, because we don't introduce the radious nor the direction of turn. Usually Aceman commands are not very important but the fly to destination (works) and this one are very important to play as human RIO in single player while don't want to jump into pilot seat continuously. Neither works the orbit map marker.

12. None of the RIO Grid options works. Only Radar Stabilize, and Map Mark [0-10] to Grid function.

Edited by Japo32

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose 2 things: 

1. Noones has these issues so there has to be something inside my system that don't allow me to make those orders... but considering the most of the other orders works (95% or so) I doubt this one.

2. Noone usually use this type of orders in vaicom so they do not report them. 

If it where the point 1 I would like to know how to solve them to make them possible. If it is point 2 and they are really bugs.. I fear more that those are not going to be fixed because it seems noone care about them. And I think some of them are really important to be used. In the VAIRIO and normal Vaicom.

I can change the sentences that I say, but I never knew we can change the commands? Internal ones that produces the order? how can that be done?
Yes please @Hollywood_315check out these issues, specially the first post with the RIO ones, as I think they are huge importante to make everything functional.
Thanks!
Apologies for not getting back to you.
By "changing commands", I meant simply changing the aliases from.
Request... NVG/HMD to
Request... Night Vision Goggles and Head Mounted Display.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

ahhh but the voice command I give to vaicom is recognized by voice attack. The problem is that is not activated as it should. 

But this is not the most important problem (the NVG) I think the Rio ones are vital to use the F14 with vaicom.

for @Hollywood_315 In terms of the GRID MODE I have seen that the GRID sectors, Absolut and relative orientation, and coverage angle, all are accepted in vaicom commands when I say my words, BUT it don't produce anything good.

If I go to the backup whell and command for example number of sectors, then next time I voice command other number of sectors it will command ok, but producing several sectors before the right one that is set in the final "move" 

If I then voice coverage angle for example, it won't do it but will do a number of sectors order. So I have to go again to the backup wheel and he will do it right. and when I command by voice again the coverage angle it will do it right but after some changes through different angles. If I say voice number of sectors again that was ok previously... it won't, and that sectors orders will be coverage ones...

It is as the backup wheel last order rules all the voiced ones and cannot "escape" from that portion of orders.

The map number to waypoint 1-3, fix, or initial accept the order is reproduced in vaicom as an order (TX1 UHF ARC-159 [RIO][],[] RIO mAP MARKER 3 to waypoint 2  but don't do anything. and in this case the backupwheel don't "fix" the voice commands.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:02 PM, Japo32 said:

ahhh but the voice command I give to vaicom is recognized by voice attack. The problem is that is not activated as it should. 

But this is not the most important problem (the NVG) I think the Rio ones are vital to use the F14 with vaicom.

Yes exactly the same, it seems the command is interpreted "correctly" as some rearming command, as you get re-arming complete as the message, the command is correctly recognised by VA "5:24:02.702 TX1 | SRS 1: [ Ground Crew ] ,  [ Request NVG ] "

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New dcs beta update and the selection of menus cannot work with voice (option 1-12) it is listeing suspended. That happens with TX Link way. If I switch to Dynamic Switching there is no issue (but it should work the TX Link. Another one in a list that start to be huge, without resolving or beeing recognized (Could be mine? I doubt it as lots of other features works perfect... an 90% of voice commands)