Evening Sortie

Here's a training flight that I have been playing with...

All in English and simply follow your waypoints. Sort of...

The objective here is simply to return to base.

You begin from the runway with engines running and loaded for bear.

Set the radar altimeter warning to around 30m.

Program the countermeasures dispenser.

Set the Abris to map.

Please excuse my sloppy naming and organization in the editor. I have flown this many times and it all seems to work OK. Any Feedback / Problems / Suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Evening_Sortie.miz

• Like 2

Cool thanks!

I'll check it out when I get home :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Intel E6750 @3.2Ghz | 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 RAM | XFX 680i SLI | BFG GTX260 216SP | Western Digital 3200AAKS 320GB SATA II HDD |

| Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA II HDD | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Soundcard | Samsung 245B 24" TFT Monitor |

| Logitech Z-5400 Digital THX 5.1 speakers | Logitech G15 | Logitech MX1000 | TM Cougar #27955 | TrackIR 3 Pro

Nice Mission (up to the point, the Bastards shot me down...:cry:)

How did you manage to build in the radio comments from Number 2? Trigger points?

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

RIG: RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ ZOTAC 4080 Super ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP) ~ side console panels cut and painted 

... and you are the mission creator!!:megalol:

But it was the 2nd Stinger, after the wingie said "...keep low and go on... (the first stinger actually chopped away my left rudder but I kept on travelling, perhaps I was too low for flares).

HAve to try it again later that evening.

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

RIG: RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ ZOTAC 4080 Super ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP) ~ side console panels cut and painted 

Hehe!

It's worth knowing where your flare release button is.

I have wondered about difficulty...The opfor could be set to lower skill levels .

There are one or two other surprises to find.

It's a nice feeling when you get back within radio range of your base and you see the runway lights in the distance.

Thanks a lot i will have lots to do when i get the game next year.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

... and you are the mission creator!!:megalol:

That is the beauty of triggers. Even the mission maker cant always be sure of exactlly where or when the enemy pops out. :)

Will test this once western release is out.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Had fun with the first part of this mission. Found myself following 30 feet off the ground along assigned waypoints. Around waypoint 5 up in the mountains vilibility slowly died down as the flight path moved up the mountain. I think I made a minor wrong turn someplace and found myself with zero visibility in a cloud hoving nervously 6 feet off the ground with instruments. My wingman barking F'16's are tracking us on the coms.

I decided to set her down on the slope and wait until the clouds cleared heheh...they never cleared.

I'll beat it tonight!

Hi Element1108,

That's exactly the sort of experience I was hoping for when I started work on the mission, except for the lost in clouds bit! The Ka-50 really does not like that sort of weather.

The F16's are triggered by your increasing altitude , but they don't always get you. The radio message when they go active is just there to increase your heart rate!

Great fun, this, thanks a lot. These user-made missions are really appreciated while I wait for the English-language release.

Heh, I also just got lost in clouds. Damn scary! Visibility went down to just a few meters, and I was fighting to get her to the next waypoint, relying on my attitude indication and radar altimeter, hoping to get over the mountain and in to a nice clear valley. Didn't happen, suddenly there was a loud bang and all I could see out of my right window was soil.

My wingman survived though, ejected after he got his tail blown off by that pesky fella with a SAM launcher :D

I love this sim.

Well...

What you could do is delete the unit in the mission editor, or reduce it's skill level.

I understand the frustration here. That part of the mission is at least 20 minutes in.

Let me know how it goes - I could edit that section if you need.

Cheers!

Ok i made it tonight! :)

Nice mission it was cool to succeed finally! When i was reviewing the track i saw the nasty Stinger shooter number 2. He must be good to get those shoot on us.

I leant two things with your mission :

1 - Study the flight plan in the mission editor before flying the mission. Note the safe altitude to maintain if you ever get in the clouds.

2 - When in enemy territory fly low, fast and try to avoid flying in a straight line for too long.

The meteo setting was very nice. Flying with no visibility made me nervous : i was telling to myself "just maintain xxxx meters and keep on the flight plan!" Oh and the landing in the sunset : wonderfull!

Thanks again and i'll look forward your next mission!

PS : You might look into the payload of our wingman (he is empty). It may be on purpose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the kind words Sonic.

Glad you finally made it...that landing in the dusk is really satisfying. The whole environment is very immersive.

Regarding the wingman loadout - I hadn't really thought about him so his loadout was forgotten, but within the context of the mission, you are not supposed to be attacking, just "showing the flag". I'm not really sure, but if he is armed, the mission might work out differently. How you fly is, of course, up to you!

I think the stingers are very effective (perhaps too good?). My idea was that the insurgents were warned of your approach and thus ready and waiting.

I have another mission in the works - The premise being that a Russian HQ facility is about to be overrun by mixed US forces. Your task is to delay the final assault. So far I have been tweaking the ground forces and watching how they fight. I'm aiming for a situation where you don't have to destroy all opposition to gain victory. Nothing worse than searching for the very last AK47 Para, I think.

Cheers!