Project Lancaster

On 1/7/2024 at 4:44 PM, Tonker said:

Never mind rivets on the outside - what about the stud and nuts on the inside?!

Seasonal dynamic bugsplatters or I'm not buying...

😎

I did consider this, maybe Ill look into it when I next visit the area

• Like 2

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

On 12/30/2023 at 11:07 PM, Scoobyon said:

Screen_231230_214514-transformed.jpeg?ex
ce466817-5699-4dd7-82af-eb768dfb1a31.gif
Gif showing the work in progress tyre flex and suspension, Its a shocking landing but send your hate for the landing and love for the progress to loki not me:)

Have a happy new year all!

That looks amazing.

Perhaps its just the way the clip was procured, but maybe the tire should be just a little fatter? I cant put my finger on it, but I think its slightly narrower in real life. If the clip isnt distorting it of course.

40dbb0211a26f0790443ed19c511ded0.jpg

10 hours ago, stuart666 said:

That looks amazing.

Perhaps its just the way the clip was procured, but maybe the tire should be just a little fatter? I cant put my finger on it, but I think its slightly narrower in real life. If the clip isnt distorting it of course.

40dbb0211a26f0790443ed19c511ded0.jpg

DaCaRzNW0AE2LUg?format=jpg&name=medium
Wartime tires had no tread and have a rounder shape than all of the surviving lancs

• Like 4

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 3:13 AM, Slippa said:

That bowser would do nicely wouldn’t it? 

We have it already, I belive there are photos somewhere on this thread, if not ill post some

• Like 4

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

Tea, surely?

Bug report:

I’m having trouble opening the crew door.

I was awake all night lighting a flare path of scented candles in the hope I might encourage the chugging of a little tractor tug. Nothing yet. I did a whiskey repair, more than once but somehow got all my waypoints mixed up coming back from the kitchen. I haven’t stopped chanting mantras since about 03 hundred hours. I’ve been advised my legs may not be crossed properly and that maybe I could rock to and fro with more vigour but I just can’t keep my heels above my knees like I used to.

I read somewhere that doing repetitive star-jumps tarred in feathers can help so I’ll try those later. Once I’ve got enough feathers of course, I’m not doing things half-arsed. I’ll dust off the old recorder later too. It hasn’t been out of its case since primary school but I also read somewhere that whistling out a few pied piper style ditties on it (in place of a flute) could summon the hangar doors open.

Hope for a fix soon 🙂 🥸 🩺 💊

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Screen_240217_162952.png?ex=65e7919c&is=

Fabric texture on the elevators
Screen_240216_233416.jpg?ex=65e2ae74&is=
New bomb selection panel
Screen_240218_090122.jpg?ex=65e486cc&is=

Additional testing happening with the bomb sight and terminal velocities, note the addition of the TV card on the top right of the computer

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

How’s this coming along Scoobs?

Cold mornings in the hangar here. Winter servicing almost done. Slots available at all my airfields, always room for an Avro 🙂.

All the best to the team.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 6:43 AM, Slippa said:

How’s this coming along Scoobs?

Cold mornings in the hangar here. Winter servicing almost done. Slots available at all my airfields, always room for an Avro 🙂.

All the best to the team.

Coming along nicely, we will put up a full update changelog in april, we have added the gyropilot systems as well as other smaller bits

Screen_240217_162019.png?ex=6615eabf&is=
DCS_2024-02-29_19-15-35.png?ex=6616fc50&

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

Fantastic job, people. 

I'm really looking forward to this aircraft. I've been a WWII aircraft enthusiast since I was 9 and started building plastic models. I remember reading about the Avro Lancaster in WWII comics and I can't believe I'm going to get to fly it in a simulator! 

Thank you for your amazing effort. 

• Like 1