Not the right place for this but hopefully the right people to check if I'm crazy!

Indianajon

Right so...... I love this campaign! I've gone through it entirely 4 times now and have played individual missions countless times. Recently (since the most recent update) I gave the teaser quick mission yet another blat as I wanted a quick couple of minutes scrap but here's the thing....

The AI F5 seemed to fly very differently differently and whenever I was getting close to a solution he just seemed to go vertical and too the moon. If I try to follow I run out of umph long before I get close. I don't remember this? I admit it's been a month or so since last I did this but the tiger seems to have got much harder to beat. Is this just me? Am I imagining it or had the F5 got alot more thrust recently? Someone please let me know. Am I going crazy or am I just out of practice?

Ta

Yep, the AI got some changes and they do crazy stuff and are harder to get to in guns only BFM. Even the Caucasus Dogfight IA with Su-27 went from rookie turkey shot up to mission impossible level.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Really? I find it easier to get them

after the recent Tomcat FM update. 

PS: the AI going to the moon with impossible energy addition has been a DCS AI problem since forever, even WWII. I really hope ED will find some time to make it more 'human' and believable.

Edited by Reflected

4 hours ago, Reflected said:

PS: the AI going to the moon with impossible energy addition has been a DCS AI problem since forever, even WWII. I really hope ED will find some time to make it more 'human' and believable.

And ah yes they do seem to go to the moon alot...like I said they suddenly gets this inexhaustible energy.  They also love to go into vertical loops over and over and over with these crazy physics until you run out of gas (or they do).  Before I only used to notice this in the AI MiG-21, but now it seems like any AI aircraft.

To test this theory I went to a dogfight server to fly against human F-15s and F-16s. I got 4 of them, and every time I fought them, I did not have a problem with holding energy in turns with them and so on. I clearly was not flying against UFOs.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

5 hours ago, draconus said:

Yep, the AI got some changes and they do crazy stuff and are harder to get to in guns only BFM. Even the Caucasus Dogfight IA with Su-27 went from rookie turkey shot up to mission impossible level.

I agree.  I used to be able to shoot down that Su-27 in that mission in 2.5 minutes or less, now either he runs out of gas or I do.  There was even a time when  I hit him several times with the gun, yet in a turning chase, he suddenly goes faster than 500 KIAS.  I give chase at that speed and and suddenly he is accelerating past 600 KIAS and he still is flying away from me in a turn.  I was up to 600 KIAS and he was still heading away from me, like he suddenly got this energy out of nowhere and broke the laws of physics.

Also I've noticed if I get slow in the Tomcat, then I drop the nose and put on burner to speed up, she takes a long time to accelerate.  Like from say 130 KIAS to 300 in FOREVER even if my nose is down and my configuration is clean.  I haven't been able to conclusively prove it is the Tomcat or me, but I used to do this before and it would accelerate fine.  She just doesn't feel the same lately.  I now there was a FM update but something like nose down to the ground and full burn seems to me that with gravity and all you'd accelerate faster than that.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot