A-10A alt hold mode not engaging

Coastiejeff

On 12/12/2021 at 6:47 PM, Coastiejeff said:

Haven’t flown the 10A in a while, jumped back in for some fun but it seems the alt and path hold won’t seem to engage for me. Am I forgetting something? I’m doing alt+1 or 2 then A, but nothing. 

any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks 

Enable the autopilot system first (LASTE) by Lalt + 4. Then do the rest as you described.
To turn the system off press Lalt + 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't have the A-10A, but I have the F-15C and I think the same philosphy applies: You need to hold the aircraft precisely in level flight and turn on the Path Hold mode before turning on the Alt Hold mode. That, and it will automatically disengage when you move the stick.

Все буде добре

• 1 year later...

Arm the EAC then use the LASTE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 month later...

Hello. 

I'm new to DCS and started flying the A-10A moving from learning to fly using the basic Su-25T. I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and T.Flight Rudder Pedals. 

I am not able to get the A-10A Autopilot to work. The AP is bound to both the keyboard default keys - "A" and "1-9 + LAlt" - and the Warthog Throttle switches 26, 27, 28, and M+28 for modes AP Engage/Disengage, AP Path Hold, AP Alt/Heading Hold, and AP Alt/Bank Hold respectively. 

I know that you're supposed to select the AP mode first and then the Engage switch. I've tried this both from the Keyboard and the Throttle, with no luck.

i5-12600K @ 3.7GHz ¦ 32GB DDR4 RAM ¦ 12GB GeForce RTX 4070-Super ¦ Windows 11 Home ¦ 1TB NVME SSD ¦ Samsung 32” Odyssey Neo G7 4K 165 Hz Curved Monitor ¦ TM Warthog HOTAS ¦ TM Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ TrackIR 5

Yes that was it... EAC (Enhanced Attitude Control) must be armed - in the ARM position on my Warthog Throttle switch 24. The Autopilot settings now work. 

The Warthog Throttle faceplate shows an Autopilot bracket above switch 26 (AP Engage/disengage) and switch 27/28 (AP Path, Alt/HDG, Alt), nothing indicating switch 24 is needed too.

The first time I've seen this explained. I had thought EAC was somehow related to ECM (Electronic Counter Measures). 

Thanks.

Edited by PacFlyer23

i5-12600K @ 3.7GHz ¦ 32GB DDR4 RAM ¦ 12GB GeForce RTX 4070-Super ¦ Windows 11 Home ¦ 1TB NVME SSD ¦ Samsung 32” Odyssey Neo G7 4K 165 Hz Curved Monitor ¦ TM Warthog HOTAS ¦ TM Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ TrackIR 5

Yes CFrag made some excellent A-10A training missions. I found them a few weeks ago and they're the reason I moved from the Su-25T as my basic training aircraft to the A-10A. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issues. EAC is armed, buttons bound, but no autopilot regardless if I use the keyboard or bindings. No HUD annunciation, nada. I tried it in level flight, VV centered, still nothing.

Suggestions?

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

So, it seems in the kneeboard lua fix (change the lua file to declare_kneeboard_Device2 to make the kneeboard the size and position you want) there is an obscure line in the Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit/A10A/device_init.lua file, where it declares kneeboard_device_left vice the above.  Just above this entry is creators = {{"A10A::avAutoPilotInterface_A10A"}}. Once I got this figured out, the AP now works as advertized, AND the kneeboard renders properly where I want it (bottom right corner). The final file should look like this if you are using the kneeboard size fix:

attributes = {
    "support_for_cws",
}
creators = {
{"A10A::avAutoPilotInterface_A10A"}
}
---------------------------------------------
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/declare_kneeboard_device2.lua")

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 4:11 PM, Darkdiz said:

So, it seems in the kneeboard lua fix (change the lua file to declare_kneeboard_Device2 to make the kneeboard the size and position you want) there is an obscure line in the Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit/A10A/device_init.lua file, where it declares kneeboard_device_left vice the above.  Just above this entry is creators = {{"A10A::avAutoPilotInterface_A10A"}}. Once I got this figured out, the AP now works as advertized, AND the kneeboard renders properly where I want it (bottom right corner). The final file should look like this if you are using the kneeboard size fix:

attributes = {
    "support_for_cws",
}
creators = {
{"A10A::avAutoPilotInterface_A10A"}
}
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/declare_kneeboard_device2.lua")

this caused my plane to disappear.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Wow, mine was fine. Do you use the "kneeboard fix" thing?

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 3:09 AM, Rissala said:

Enable the autopilot system first (LASTE) by Lalt + 4. Then do the rest as you described.
To turn the system off press Lalt + 5.

Thank you!!  I've been looking for this!