DCS: AJS-37 Patch Dec 23rd 2021 - Feedback Thread

IronMike

Possible bug? In the Rb-04 tutorial, when asked to switch the radar mode to A1, the tutorial does not go on even when the action is taken by the player.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Just now, V0RTEX said:

Hey,

Problem in mission 5. F-15 nr four on runway 03R won't take off. So another starts to take of behind it and crashes, stopping the whole operation. All other aircraft just taxi and hold short of runway 03R in line.

When could that get fixed?

Cheers

I posted this on another thread called Red Flag something. But that might be not followed by Heatblur, so i thought posting it hear.

Cheers

Changed the four F-15 initial positions from "Start from runway" to "Start from ramp hot", and placed them to the right side parking spots A05-08. Worked like a charm. But now i cant see my RWR warning lights, is there some special light dial for those lights? They work perfectly at daytime operations.

21 minutes ago, V0RTEX said:

Changed the four F-15 initial positions from "Start from runway" to "Start from ramp hot", and placed them to the right side parking spots A05-08. Worked like a charm. But now i cant see my RWR warning lights, is there some special light dial for those lights? They work perfectly at daytime operations.

The RWR lights not being very visible at night/ bad lighting is a known, and is in the bug tracker for the Viggen.
For the moment, this mod of mine will fix it for you. And a few extra things.

• Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

On 1/4/2022 at 7:37 PM, Snappy said:

Yes this is something I noticed too. Even with a loadout of only 2x RB24s and two gunpods plus centre tank it struggles to accelerate .
Was there anything changed in FM or drag values? (besides the negative drag fix for the RB24/74)

Upon furter investigation, it seems like the drag significantly increases at high AOA, thats why its loosing airspeed at turns, and refuses to accelerate after take off. it seems like the drag increases rapidly above 10 units of AOA and it decreases significantly below 3 units of AOA resulting in rapid acceleration. This tendency described above is absolutely correct, considering the Viggen is a high AOA delta wing configuration, and generally the induced drag is exponentially increased by the increase of AOA. However the change in drag both at the higher and lower end of the scale feels as it is changing by the power of 3 insted of the power of 2.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the great input, and special thanks to @MYSE1234 and @Machalot for your help and bug reports.

We will continue working on getting all these issues sorted out!

• Like 10

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...

Mach meter running backwards.

I start out on the ground with the Mach meter showing 9.81 and as I accelerate the meter runs backwards and I end up at @1400 KMH and Mach 8.23.

I've seen it from other posters here but I'll add mine also.

Manual radio freq's are way out of the line with what the manual says they should be.  

Edited by RackMonkey

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

33 minutes ago, RackMonkey said:

Mach meter running backwards.

I start out on the ground with the Mach meter showing 9.81 and as I accelerate the meter runs backwards and I end up at @1400 KMH and Mach 8.23.

I've seen it from other posters here but I'll add mine also.

Manual radio freq's are way out of the line with what the manual says they should be.  

Get this updated, and it should alright again. Or remove the old version of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, gcze said:

The landing gear is now almost indestructible. Is it intentional?

I broke my gear recently with a hard landing. What are you observing? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

25 minutes ago, Machalot said:

I broke my gear recently with a hard landing. What are you observing? 

Therefore i wrote, almost 🙂  It,s possible, but on crash landing rather then hard landing.  I was try to check if the landing gear jam is now properly indicated on annunciators , but i can;t do that without crashing the plane.

I couldn't damage the tires at all, even at very high speed during the take-off.

Edited by gcze

4 hours ago, gcze said:

Therefore i wrote, almost 🙂  It,s possible, but on crash landing rather then hard landing.  I was try to check if the landing gear jam is now properly indicated on annunciators , but i can;t do that without crashing the plane.

I couldn't damage the tires at all, even at very high speed during the take-off.

I think you can set up a landing gear jam with the mission editor, but I have not tried.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

2 hours ago, Machalot said:

I think you can set up a landing gear jam with the mission editor, but I have not tried.

You can indeed to this. It is now also possible to get shot such that the gear is not able to extend. I had that happen to me the other day, had to do a belly landing for the first time in a Viggen.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, Machalot said:

I almost made successful takeoff with broken landing gear!  Now the simulator forgives too many mistakes. It is very far from the reality, that should  looked like this  

Edited by gcze
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

You can indeed to this. It is now also possible to get shot such that the gear is not able to extend. I had that happen to me the other day, had to do a belly landing for the first time in a Viggen.

Is there an alternate gear release? I have used it in the F-86 a few times. Never looked in the Viggen.

28 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Is there an alternate gear release? I have used it in the F-86 a few times. Never looked in the Viggen.

There is, but it's not in DCS. Which reminds me... Give me 1 Minute

It's however not for the gear itself, but for the gear lever. So it's not an emergency gear release in of itself. The normal gear lever is still used for that. The missing lever disconnects the electromechanical lock which limits the gear extension to below M0.65/ 620km/h. Which in my case the other day probably would have saved some scratches on the aircraft's belly. I had lost the pitot system so airspeed was pinned to the maximum, 1400km/h.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just now, MYSE1234 said:

There is, but it's not in DCS. Which reminds me... Give me 1 Minute

😂 I know what this is about