Cockpit texture fixes

MYSE1234

This is a collection of texture fixes for the cockpit. They range from minor changes to complete reworks.

Fixes for the instrument lighting:

• More even lighting strength
  • Removing strong banding in the lighting. There's still some, probably due to compression
  • Removed the black paint on panels being illuminated 
  • Added "BANA" in "BANA/GRÄNS" to illuminate
  • Added "LJUS RADAR" symbols to illuminate - radar brightness
  • Added "BELYSNING" symbols to illuminate - cockpit illumination
  • Added arrow illumination on FR22 panel
  • Added illumination to "MIL" flag, on the distance indicator
  • Fixed white lines in the radar display moving with the sweep
  • Removed lens flare from lights, bloom is still there
  • Added warning flag on CI to be illuminated
  • Changed FLI needles and wings to be lit more realistically
  • Added dots on panels to see what position the rotary switches are in
  • Nice lighting effect on the altimeter STD "cover"

Instruments:

• Remade FLI37 ball texture to be more true to life and to also show correct pitch angle
  • Added 60° and 90° roll lines on FLI37
  • Remade the Distance indicator to show the distance more accurately. Range accuracy is now within +- 100m (1000m), average accuracy is +-40m (400m).
  • Clearer and more accurate warning panels. Also dotted a few Å,Ä and Ö, and made some - where they were missing.
  • Clearer AFK light
  • Redder altitude warning light
  • Brighter autopilot and altitude warning lamps
  • Clearer radar range numbers
  • Altimeter "0.5 lines" are larger than default
  • Imperial altimeter and distance indicator (optional)
  • Added text on weapon jettison and X-tank jettison covers
    • X-tank jettison cover is duplicated onto the RENSA cover, but it’s not very visible. Unfortunately can not change this
  • Added emissiveness to α15,5 button
  • Removed mipmap for annunciator panels - better text visibility

Pilot model:

• Subtle changes to the vest roughmet
  • Added missing insignia on left arm. Complete with normal and roughmet
  • Changed velcro textures on right arm
  • Added roughmet to name tag on left arm
  • Reduced the normal detail strength on the gloves
  • Changed color on gloves
  • Slight changes to scarf

Sound:

• New Sidewinder tone

VR:

• Viggen themed main menu

This is a custom cockpit livery, after installing it you have to select it in the "Special" settings menu!

Modloader ready - installed in main game directory

v4.0 Download - passes script IC

v4.0 English Download - passes script IC

Imperial inst. v4.0 Download - passes script IC - only Swedish cockpit

v4.0 - Clear IC Download - passes script and texture IC

v4.0 - Clear IC English Download - passes script and texture IC

Imperial inst. v4.0 - Clear IC Download - passes script and texture IC - only Swedish cockpit

Screen_210831_122617.png

Screen_210831_122554.png

Screen_210831_122604.png

Screen_211015_225439.png

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I think ED should sub-contract you guys.  Big thanks.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, Machalot said:

Nice!  Thanks for doing this.

How much effort is it to also illuminate the radio group numbers? 

I tried it, but the material on the that model is not set up to be self-illuminating unfortunately. So we'll have to wait for HB to get that fixed.
The texture file for it is in the pack, so all they have to do really is to change the material to self-illuminating.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• MYSE1234 changed the title to Cockpit texture fixes
  • 1 month later...

TWO new version of this mod is now available:

• v2.5 with the DI* text being enlarged to more realistic size. Small changes to the Data panel number positions - This is IC compliant
  • v3 with the same as changes as v2.5, but with the addition of the glow/bloom effect on the text for the DI* and the Data panel being removed - This does unfortunately fail IC

If IC is not a consideration for you I highly recommend using v3.

* Destination indicator

Image below is of v3

Screen_211015_225439.png

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yet more updated texture inbound. New version are: 2.6 and 3.1.

This time with:

• A completely remade FLI37 ball, together with modified needles and wings. This update will make the appearance more realistic and also will now also show the correct pitch angle. Also removed a weird glow around the instrument that shouldn't be there.
  • Added 60° and 90° roll lines on FLI37
  • Corrected colors of some of the text fields on the left Warning/annunciation panel to be orange instead of red. -Thanks to@gregfp66 for accidentally reminding me about it 🙂
  • Added small arrow next to the altimeter setting window
  • Possibly some other small things that I've forgotten about 😄

Screen_211024_011620.png

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw that I had accidentally left in a test texture in the previous update that I did not notice in testing.
Here's a new update to fix that, and to also add some new stuff. In this update I've added dots on the panels just below the rotary switches, so that it is now possible to see what position they're in. Even at night

.Screen_211024_010912.png

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Access Request sent to download the mod.  Thanks.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

Access Request sent to download the mod.  Thanks.

Sorry about that. I guess this is just more evidence that I should not work late at night. 😅
I've now corrected it, and everyone should now have access to that link.
Thanks for the heads up.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just installed the mod. I like the large destination characters. But the S in LS is enormous, much taller than the L and even slightly exceeding the size of the small window it resides in. Is that real? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

It is not realistic, but a limitation of what IC allow. This is taken care of in V3 of the mod with a texture change.

From what I can see there is no way of loading that texture the same way as the other ones are. So no fix for it right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New stuff again. This time a remade Distance indicator.
The Distance indicator now show the distance more accurately. Range accuracy is now within +- 100m (1000m), average accuracy is +-40m (400m).

DI.gif

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think heatblur should hire you!

• Like 2

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Just some small changes for this one. Mainly for some of the instrument lighting text (should now be sharper), but also some other small things.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/280930-cockpit-texture-fixes/#comment-4763052

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

v2.72 & v3.22

• Increased resolution of warning/annunciator panel texture to 2048px, from 1024px.
    All text redone, slightly larger, for better clarity and accuracy. Also dotted a few Å,Ä and Ö, and made some - where they were missing.
  • Clearer AFK light
  • Redder altitude warning light
  • Brighter autopilot and altitude warning lamps
  • Larger radar range numbers

First post for download

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These are so good.  But I can never remember whether I'm supposed to put it in Saved Games or the main installation folder.  Can you add that to the post?

Thanks!

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

11 hours ago, Machalot said:

These are so good.  But I can never remember whether I'm supposed to put it in Saved Games or the main installation folder.  Can you add that to the post?

Thanks!

Glad to hear it's appreciated. 😊

I personally install it in the game dir. Haven't tried in the saved games folder tbh. It might be better if it does work there.

Install location has been added to the OP.

Thank you!

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feedback: The digit  2 at waypoint indicator is too big when in VR. The bottom part of the digital is blocked by the frame (pic soon follows)

Screen_211116_201035.jpg

Edited by VFGiPJP
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Feedback: The digit  2 at waypoint indicator is too big when in VR. The bottom part of the digital is blocked by the frame (pic soon follows)
*image*

Thanks for the feedback!
It was my fault (obviously) for forgetting to change a value. It should now corrected in v3.221.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

New patch, new mod update.
This time version will be v2.8, and includes:

• Once again a rework of the main instrument lighting. Should have sharper lines, more accurate size, and be a bit nice overall
  • Altimeter 0.5 lines are larger than default
  • Nice lighting effect on the altimeter STD "cover"
  • Updated the diffuse textures with the newly exported HB textures for slightly sharper/ more detailed textures
  • Probably more stuff..

V3.xxx is no longer needed, and has therefore been removed.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought the Viggin a week ago. Then I heard that the big update from ED had a lot of changes for the Vig. I waited and was rewarded well. I'm still going through all the changes to see what they look like. 

I do have one thing that didn't seem to get addressed, the Altitude Warning Light on the radar panel. It looks crazed and foggy and the brightness is impossible to see in the daytime. It may be the crew chief in me but I would "red x" that unit until the avionics shop changed it out. Effectively grounding the aircraft.

Is there a mod that would increase the brightness of the light during the daytime and maybe make it a little more red? I've been playing with Gimp to see if I could do it myself but I can't even find the texture files for the light. If I can figure this out I'd like to change more of the cockpit to English and make some of the labels look newer rather than the cracked and flaking labels that are there now.

Just thought of something. When you compare your mod to the latest update from ED, do you think you guys think the mod should be installed to over write the ED update?

Edited by RackMonkey

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS