F-16 ACM Use the radar cursor to enter ACM slew mode and cannot exit.

chaofei2006

• ED Team

Please include a track replay, I am not seeing a problem 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2021/12/28 PM6点09分,BIGNEWY说:

Please include a track replay, I am not seeing a problem 

thanks

this is  trk file:

https://pan.xunlei.com/s/VMs5eUBqwYDQB6gBqYgFvgRIA1
take code:pjwu

this is vedio :
 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1934y1B7B7?share_source=copy_web

I first try to use the mouse to enter slew mode, which can be switched to other modes. Then try to enter slew mode with radar cursor, and you can't exit this mode at this time.

Chaofei, you need to check if your cursor on your throttle needs a small deadzone. Sometimes when your hardware gets older you have unwanted motion in certain axis that you can eliminate by setting a small deadzone. I heard from other people that they were able to eliminate that problem this way. Also, there is another thread related to this problem in the F-16 section. I also see no bug so it has to be hardware related. Please report back if setting a deadzone for your cursor helped.

Edited by Tango3B

On 12/29/2021 at 8:52 PM, chaofei2006 said:

The problem is solved. Just set the dead zone to 1. However, I personally feel that no dead zone is set and no jitter radar jitter phenomenon is found. It may be that people can't feel it in real time.

Nice, glad we could help you in this thread. Yeah, it´s surely annoying Chaofei but there´s nothing ED can do about this issue, I´m afraid. It is totally hardware related and I can tell you my old Warthog HOTAS does the same stuff (tested it - also needs a deadzone) but I already bought a new one and this one doesn´t have any problems or is in need of a deadzone. It is what it is, I guess - stuff gets old and problems arise...

By looking at the video above, my question is what is that new pointer about when in dogfight mode, with those two numbers? How does it work?  The TMS targeting modes and corresponding locks are not working right.

I opened this post in Steam last night, about I believe it´s a related issue:

Issues with F-16C Dogfight mode :: DCS World Steam Edition DCS: F-16C Viper (steamcommunity.com)

(right click and open link in new tab)

ACM slewable is a space-stabilized scan region that is wedge shaped 60 degree wide, 20 degree tall. The pointer shows the center of scan zone in body-referenced azimuth and elevation. The numbers show the altitude top and bottom limits at half the ACM scan range (usually 5nm). There is no real control over locking as it is automatic except if TMS forward is held it will inhibit track in this mode and of course the cursor switch moves the scan zone.

There are several issues with the current ACM slewable:

• Altitude numbers should follow 8mr circle
  • 8mr circle should show scan center in body coordinates
  • Scan zone should be space-stabilized
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Frederf said:

ACM slewable is a space-stabilized scan region that is wedge shaped 60 degree wide, 20 degree tall. The pointer shows the center of scan zone in body-referenced azimuth and elevation. The numbers show the altitude top and bottom limits at half the ACM scan range (usually 5nm). There is no real control over locking as it is automatic except if TMS forward is held it will inhibit track in this mode and of course the cursor switch moves the scan zone.

There are several issues with the current ACM slewable:

• Altitude numbers should follow 8mr circle
  • 8mr circle should show scan center in body coordinates
  • Scan zone should be space-stabilized

I guess you mean what I read in the Changelog:

• Added radar ACM Slew mode. When in Dogfight ACM mode, slewing the radar cursor switch activates ACM slew mode that will search 20-degrees in elevation and 60-degrees in azimuth and pitch and roll space stabilization (not in reference to aircraft longitudinal axis like the other ACM modes) out to 10 nm. This is a rather large area and detection and lock may not be immediate. The elevation high and low coverage is indicated and based on targets at 5 nm. To exit, TMS Aft.

However once I get this pointer (see attached) I have lots of problems to lock again the enemy airplane I am pursuing in a dogfight. This happens in both ACM 120 A-A or in a dogfight AIM-9X A-A.

20211231002648_1.jpg

There is no bug in dogfight slew mode. My mistake. The cause was a hardware (hotas) issue, which I have solved thanks to a friend (Steam) orientation who has my same Hotas (X56).

I will like seeing soon a video or a better description of the dogfight slew mode and how to make it work the right way.

Edited by Clipper

• 1 month later...

I've the same problem. I read about the deadzone on another thread. I've even completely unbound the radar cursors and Ant Elev from the T.16000m Throttle. ACM mode stays in slew mode only. I must be missing something.

*EDIT* so the first time I take off (test mission I created) it works. Go out of dogfight mode and back in and its borked.

Edited by danmcnab

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem. If you enter this mode and exit, there are no problems, but if you do it several times in a different combination of ACM mods with entering other modes, then you cannot exit. It exits with a short press of the TMC button, but immediately returns to Slew mode when released. Also does not exit this mode via MFD ACM Slew.

*Update*: It is reproduced when the analog axis of the joystick moves and the TMC button is pressed simultaneously, and if there is axis noise in the neutral position, pressing TMS does not output. Rather, it is not a bug, but a reaction to the cursor movement an priority cursor movement over TMS press

Edited by TeddyThePilot
  • Like 1

50+ DCS World mods. Russian Falcons Club

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

If you are still seeing this issue attach a track replay example. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 9/1/2022 at 2:40 PM, TeddyThePilot said:

I have the same problem. If you enter this mode and exit, there are no problems, but if you do it several times in a different combination of ACM mods with entering other modes, then you cannot exit. It exits with a short press of the TMC button, but immediately returns to Slew mode when released. Also does not exit this mode via MFD ACM Slew.

*Update*: It is reproduced when the analog axis of the joystick moves and the TMC button is pressed simultaneously, and if there is axis noise in the neutral position, pressing TMS does not output. Rather, it is not a bug, but a reaction to the cursor movement an priority cursor movement over TMS press

Please check your cursor callibration.