Dogfight slew????

Before the update you hit the dogfight switch and it would go to dogfight mode where you could do 20, 60, or bore scan. Now it goes to slew. Is there a way out of it besides hitting the button on the mfd. I can hit all the different tms buttons and it stays in slew and doesn't give me the option for 20 or degree scan unless I hit the button on the MFD. Any solution to this?

TMS aft should take it out of slew to NO RAD, then dogfight mode should work as you described.  As for it going right into slew when you hit the dogfight switch, it might be because you're hitting your cursor controls at the same time.  I tried it just now and everything worked as advertised.  Maybe your control bindings changed?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GR00VYJERRY said:

Figured it out. My slew was moving ever so slightly. Had to add a deadzone and it fixed it. Thanks for the help.

The slight movement of the cursor has caused multiple different problems for many people, including inability to boresight Mavericks, inability to get a point track and do a handoff, etc.  I wonder if anything can be done about it besides requiring users to use a deadzone.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

16 hours ago, Machalot said:

The slight movement of the cursor has caused multiple different problems for many people, including inability to boresight Mavericks, inability to get a point track and do a handoff, etc.  I wonder if anything can be done about it besides requiring users to use a deadzone.

Well, i have a stock Warthog throttle and i use that tiny knob on the front for slew and it's just trash.... It's way to sensitive and even with deadzones, it still wonders of on its own sometimes

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

5 minutes ago, Falconeer said:

Well, i have a stock Warthog throttle and i use that tiny knob on the front for slew and it's just trash.... It's way to sensitive and even with deadzones, it still wonders of on its own sometimes

I think in the real Hornet you have to depress the TDC switch in order to slew with it. But in DCS that is optional due to limitations of hotases.  Maybe they could add an option to the Viper to have it ignore slew inputs unless a certain button is depressed.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

44 minutes ago, Falconeer said:

you can buy upgraded slew sensors that basically changes the crappy one TM included in the warthog with a PS3 analogue stick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falconeer said:

Remember you can adjust the saturation as well as the curve or deadzone which will make it as slow as you want.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

2 hours ago, Falconeer said:

You can replace that - not even difficult. Made a huge difference for me here!