Key-binds for RSI-6K receiver tuning knob not working

Lixma 06

According to "Mods\aircraft\MiG-15bis\Input\MiG-15bis\keyboard/default.lua":

• "Receiver Tuning Knob" deals with Receiver Frequency
  • "Wave Control Handle" deals with Transmitter Frequency
{combos = {{key = 'T', reformers = {'LCtrl'}}},		pressed = RSI_6K_commands.Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency_EXT,	cockpit_device_id = devices.RSI_6K, value_pressed = -0.3,	name = _('RSI-6K Wave Control Handle, CCW'),	  category = _('RSI-6K Radio')},
{combos = {{key = 'T', reformers = {'LShift'}}},	pressed = RSI_6K_commands.Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency_EXT,	cockpit_device_id = devices.RSI_6K, value_pressed =  0.3,	name = _('RSI-6K Wave Control Handle, CW'),	  category = _('RSI-6K Radio')},
{combos = {{key = 'R', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}},		pressed = RSI_6K_commands.Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency_EXT,	cockpit_device_id = devices.RSI_6K, value_pressed = -1,	name = _('RSI-6K Receiver Tuning Knob, CCW'),  category = _('RSI-6K Radio')},
{combos = {{key = 'R', reformers = {'RShift'}}},	pressed = RSI_6K_commands.Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency_EXT,	cockpit_device_id = devices.RSI_6K, value_pressed =  1,	name = _('RSI-6K Receiver Tuning Knob, CW'),	  category = _('RSI-6K Radio')},

Still, I see only one RSI-6K knob inthe cockpit. 🧐

I'll ask the team about these "SetReceiver" dead controls.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
{combos = {{key = 'R', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}},     pressed = RSI_6K_commands.Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSI_6K, value_pressed = -0.0005,    name = _('RSI-6K Receiver Tuning Knob, CCW'),  category = _('RSI-6K Radio')},
{combos = {{key = 'R', reformers = {'RShift'}}},    pressed = RSI_6K_commands.Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSI_6K, value_pressed =  0.0005,    name = _('RSI-6K Receiver Tuning Knob, CW'),      category = _('RSI-6K Radio')},

Take out the _EXT, and change the Key pressed value: to something like 0.001 or so.

Edited by Jags1041

• 11 months later...
On 1/17/2022 at 1:48 AM, Jags1041 said:
{combos = {{key = 'R', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}},     pressed = RSI_6K_commands.Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSI_6K, value_pressed = -0.0005,    name = _('RSI-6K Receiver Tuning Knob, CCW'),  category = _('RSI-6K Radio')},
{combos = {{key = 'R', reformers = {'RShift'}}},    pressed = RSI_6K_commands.Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSI_6K, value_pressed =  0.0005,    name = _('RSI-6K Receiver Tuning Knob, CW'),      category = _('RSI-6K Radio')},

This solution works, but when I changed it in Munkwolf's default.lua for custom Fast and Slow bindings, I got warnings about duplicate controls defined.

Then I discovered a better fix. No need to change lua, just set keybinds for "RSI-6K Wave Control Handle" instead "RSI-6K Receiver Tuning Knob". Maybe it's some kind of bug, as with mouse when you control transmiter, receiver is not changing. But when I made keybind to transmiter, both receiver and transmiter are adjusted when you press that keybind.

• 3 months later...

I've just been learning the MiG-15bis and run into the same problem with the keybinds for the radio commands.  It's not just the controls for the receiver tuning, but the other RSI_6K commands too, on the transmitter control panel at the back of the cockpit as well as the receiver control panel on the left.  Some of the commands do nothing obvious, while others move different controls - as Blackbird7 says, if you set up a keybind for the Wave Control Handle, that one actually moves the receiver tuning knob, though because in DCS that's linked to the wave and antenna control handles they are moved too.

After a bit of experimentation, I've found that all the device command values used in the down/up/pressed/action settings for the RSI_6K in the input config files are out by 1.  These command values come from the RSI_6K_commands list in Mods\aircraft\MiG-15bis\Cockpit\Scripts\command_defs.lua.  If this file is edited to add a dummy command entry between the clickable cockpit commands and the keyboard/joystick input commands, as follows:

Mig15_Command_RSI6K_AntennaFrequencyFix  = counter();
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_ReceiveARC    = counter();
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Forced     = counter();

-- Added line to fix command number sync.
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Dummy_Fix    = counter();

--input commands
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency_EXT = counter();
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency_EXT = counter();
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetAntennaFrequency_EXT  = counter();

the commands then work correctly and the keybinds control the correct handles/buttons, etc.

(In fact the added line could just be

counter();

without making up a dummy command name for it, but it's probably clearer if it has the same format as the other lines.)

With this change the keybinds are all working for me now, but I still need to do further testing to see whether I can tell if the radio is actually working properly.  I've already noticed that the receiver frequency/wave number shown in the kneeboard doesn't change when the receiver is tuned either by using the keybinds or turning the knob via the clickable cockpit.  Whether that means it's not actually tuning the radio and is just moving the dial I'm not sure.  (The transmit frequency/wave number in the kneeboard does change correctly when the handle is moved either directly or through moving the receiver tuning.)

EDIT - To correct the last paragraph, I've just worked out that the receiver frequency/wave number in the kneeboard (and on the dial on the back-left of the cockpit) does not update when the radio power is off on the circuit breakers.  With the power on the figures do update.  (I was testing it in a cold start mission with no power, and without power the kneeboard transmitter figure updates but not the receiver figure.)

Edited by JBDCS
Added comment about needing power on for kneeboard to update
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No news about correcting the radio controls in the last update?

Controls are the first point of contact with a plane for users, to have them bugged for years doesn't give a fine image about the status of the plane and quality and assurance work.

• Like 3

I7 3770K - 32 GB DDR3 - Nvidia RTX 4060 - SSD + NVME

I have flown the MiG-15 for years, but I had never mapped the radio controls. Last night, I finally got around to mapping the available knobs and levers and discovered the problems posted here. I agree with the above post. This module has been around too many years to still have problems like this.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/26/2023 at 10:47 AM, JBDCS said:

I've just been learning the MiG-15bis and run into the same problem with the keybinds for the radio commands.  It's not just the controls for the receiver tuning, but the other RSI_6K commands too, on the transmitter control panel at the back of the cockpit as well as the receiver control panel on the left.  Some of the commands do nothing obvious, while others move different controls - as Blackbird7 says, if you set up a keybind for the Wave Control Handle, that one actually moves the receiver tuning knob, though because in DCS that's linked to the wave and antenna control handles they are moved too.

After a bit of experimentation, I've found that all the device command values used in the down/up/pressed/action settings for the RSI_6K in the input config files are out by 1.  These command values come from the RSI_6K_commands list in Mods\aircraft\MiG-15bis\Cockpit\Scripts\command_defs.lua.  If this file is edited to add a dummy command entry between the clickable cockpit commands and the keyboard/joystick input commands, as follows:

Mig15_Command_RSI6K_AntennaFrequencyFix  = counter();
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_ReceiveARC    = counter();
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Forced     = counter();

-- Added line to fix command number sync.
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Dummy_Fix    = counter();

--input commands
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency_EXT = counter();
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency_EXT = counter();
 Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetAntennaFrequency_EXT  = counter();

the commands then work correctly and the keybinds control the correct handles/buttons, etc.

(In fact the added line could just be

counter();

without making up a dummy command name for it, but it's probably clearer if it has the same format as the other lines.)

With this change the keybinds are all working for me now, but I still need to do further testing to see whether I can tell if the radio is actually working properly.  I've already noticed that the receiver frequency/wave number shown in the kneeboard doesn't change when the receiver is tuned either by using the keybinds or turning the knob via the clickable cockpit.  Whether that means it's not actually tuning the radio and is just moving the dial I'm not sure.  (The transmit frequency/wave number in the kneeboard does change correctly when the handle is moved either directly or through moving the receiver tuning.)

EDIT - To correct the last paragraph, I've just worked out that the receiver frequency/wave number in the kneeboard (and on the dial on the back-left of the cockpit) does not update when the radio power is off on the circuit breakers.  With the power on the figures do update.  (I was testing it in a cold start mission with no power, and without power the kneeboard transmitter figure updates but not the receiver figure.)

If you look at the pattern in the file, there are nine lines above the dummy entry and only eight lines below the dummy entry. It would seem the dummy entry should be the missing line: the MicBtn. Instead of a dummy line, maybe it should follow the pattern and read:

Mig15_Command_RSI6K_MicBtn_EXT                    = counter();

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried using the line I posted above and it had the same effect: it bumped the subsequent lines down by one, which makes the in-game control maps work. So, this is what my file looks like:

RSI_6K_commands =
{
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Volume                    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_MicBtn                    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_TransmitterFrequencyFix    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetAntennaFrequency        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_AntennaFrequencyFix        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_ReceiveARC                = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Forced                    = counter();

--input commands
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_MicBtn_EXT                        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency_EXT    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency_EXT    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetAntennaFrequency_EXT        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Volume_EXT                    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_ReceiveARC_EXT                = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Forced_EXT                    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_TransmitterFrequencyFix_EXT    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_AntennaFrequencyFix_EXT        = counter();

Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Volume_AXIS                        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency_AXIS    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetAntennaFrequency_AXIS        = counter();
}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, streakeagle said:

I tried using the line I posted above and it had the same effect: it bumped the subsequent lines down by one, which makes the in-game control maps work. So, this is what my file looks like:

RSI_6K_commands =
{
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Volume                    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_MicBtn                    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_TransmitterFrequencyFix    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetAntennaFrequency        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_AntennaFrequencyFix        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_ReceiveARC                = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Forced                    = counter();

--input commands
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_MicBtn_EXT                        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetReceiverFrequency_EXT    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency_EXT    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetAntennaFrequency_EXT        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Volume_EXT                    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_ReceiveARC_EXT                = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Forced_EXT                    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_TransmitterFrequencyFix_EXT    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_AntennaFrequencyFix_EXT        = counter();

Mig15_Command_RSI6K_Volume_AXIS                        = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetTransmitterFrequency_AXIS    = counter();
    Mig15_Command_RSI6K_SetAntennaFrequency_AXIS        = counter();
}

Could you check in dcs.log if you get a warning for integrity check after doing this change?

I7 3770K - 32 GB DDR3 - Nvidia RTX 4060 - SSD + NVME

2 hours ago, vgilsoler said:

Could you check in dcs.log if you get a warning for integrity check after doing this change?

Without checking I can almost guarantee that this causes an integrity check warning.
Confirmed in log:
"WARNING SECURITYCONTROL (6840): IC fail: mods/aircraft/mig-15bis/cockpit/scripts/command_defs.lua"

Some servers would still let me join, others are locked down tight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...