Hey ED, could we possibly have the full flight manual please?

Rogue Trooper

I think it is time now for the full and complete flight manual. 

No pressure ED, but it is time for the manual including weapons, ranges and use off.

Polychops had their flight manual out on release, for sure they added to that manual as certain weapons or chopper versions became available but they were there from the get go!

Please let us start learning.

• Like 3

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

On user files. There is a English translation of the Russian quick start manual, it’s about twice as long as the original English one. A lot of extra information. I know this isn’t a replacement but reading the Mi-8 manual also helps for me when I need to know more about certain identical systems 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cathnan said:

Not necessarily the full flight manual, but some advice on how to use the weapons the CCIP doesn't work for would be nice 🙂 I can't aim bombs and most rockets to safe my life

In order to aim bombs requires CPG, only the front sight can look down the 30 degrees required to act as a bomb sight and dive bombing doesn’t work, trust me I’ve tried it. The CPG also has bomb release timers if the bombs have to be dropped when target is below nose.

There are rocket tables in the Russian quick start guide, on user files there is an English translation 

CCIP as you probably know assumes flat ground becuase it uses radio altimeter and attitude to guess range.

Even over level ground, there are errors becuase the system uses where boresight points for these calculations not where pipper points. This only causes issues in weapons where ballistics are so bad that pipper is so depressed range is vastly overestimated. I’ve only noticed this in S-8OFP2 at ranges greater then about 1 km, this effect can be reduced by increasing collective to use negative AOA to push the rockets higher up

Its other main limitation is radar altimeter is only accurate to 15 degrees pitch/bank, you exceed those limits your range will again be overestimated

in addition like any gyro sight there is a settling time, manuals says wait with pipper on target for 1-3 seconds but usually 1 second is fine 

For bombs I find dropping at 100m with 300kmh speed and 6-8 degree pipper depression works well, but can’t use FAB-500 as you are too low to avoid fragments. 

S-24 has 50% more power then FAB-250 anyways 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

What is this insistence on the module being fully complete before a manual can be produced? That is clearly not true, witness the F16, and how the F-18 and Harrier modules had quite lengthy early access manuals, to mention but a few. Most modules have at least a provisional manual that is much more detailed than this quick-start guide that doesn't even mention the Autopilot, which is pretty fundamental to the use of the module, and no, it should also not be necessary for the user to by the Mi-8 in order to learn how that works either.. 

Non Russian speakers should also not be expected to know about, nor need to  find and translate, Russian manuals on the off chance that they might be more informative.  Come on now. Just update the English (and presumably other language versions).

• Like 1

Hi,

Current newsletter: "Because much of our Mi-24P team has been assisting with the AH-64D project,..." No wonder why we are waiting for a manual for the Mi-24P...Hopefully it will get better in the next few weeks and the Mi-24P gets the attention it deserves again. 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

On 1/13/2022 at 10:35 PM, Rogue Trooper said:

I think it is time now for the full and complete flight manual. 

No pressure ED, but it is time for the manual including weapons, ranges and use off.

Polychops had their flight manual out on release, for sure they added to that manual as certain weapons or chopper versions became available but they were there from the get go!

Please let us start learning.

+1

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Here is a link to the Russian quick start which is far longer and this is translated to English via Google, a lot of information that is nowhere else is here and what the English manual will look alot like https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3317188/

This is the Cold War museums manual for the Hind. It is for D but has addendums for F/P model where there are differences. It is an operators manual and becuase of Cold War museum, these things means it focuses more on technical qualities and systems rather then combat and flying technique https://mudspikefiles.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/a/7ab064a7f951b9f0325354f257f5e58c571936d6.pdf

There is also chucks guide, but I’m sure most of you have already read that

• Like 2