Monocle sight in vr

Sparc

Just now, Raptor9 said:

That post....just....wow. I'm not even going to bother with that. You must be trolling at this point.

Whatever!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

I agree.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

There is the AH-1Z option.

Or there is the APACHE AH-64D WEAPON system in VR with left or right monocle.

That is it!

ED needs to decide how it drops in VR.

Central pos just will not work in VR!

Nobody gives two tosses how pancake drops, left, centre or right..... who gives a f%^K! 

Edited by Rogue Trooper

As an Apache pilot who will be flying the Apache for the next 25 years and hopefully never flying it anywhere near a war zone... Please dear ED give me a left eye monocle option in VR. It is my solemn duty to stand up for the common sense of a video game creator that will always have better customer service than the US Army or Boeing.  

On an unrelated demand I insist that every simulator pilot do a BUCS check before every single flight and if this isn't implemented then we should boycott the Apache forever. ⚰️

Edited by FlyHighFreddy
  • Like 4

Yes this is the only argument I cannot argue against, If I were visually impaired in the right eye and absolutely loved the Apache, then what I am saying would be gutting to me!   
So yes a left or right eye choice "may" be ok...... It is of course a physical airframe "structural compromise", but I think this argument is valid and deservedly so.
In VR, a stereoscopic projection (one monocle per eye) to place the image centrally in the VR image is however, repugnant to me and remains so... I think the US of A army also considers it repugnant. How my apache single eyed information monocle turned into an AH-1Z stereoscopic data projection system is beyond me.... there is no game point of view or compromise here Raptor9, you are simply proposing advancing technology well beyond the simulated airframes limits! We would NEVER be able to get away with that in a jet fighter! I am making sure that we are not able to get away with that in a chopper!
In VR, The Apache will remain spooky alien tech, it is the only airframe that has this single eye technology and must be preserved! 
And to make sure you boys know what I am talking about. I am arguing about VR and not Pancake!
VR is just "the total experience"!
Pancake is just me sitting at a desk playing a game via a little monitor.
In Pancake you must have the central image! it is the only choice.
In VR we want the truth!
Any jet boys arguing your point of view, you are not welcome. I will be taking this airframe into war 10 years from now....... if you are a jet boy who just fancies a little try on our Apache, get the F$%K out of our thread! Your opinion is worth nothing..... I want that Klar!

In 10 years... So you're 12? That explains a lot actually. Good luck passing that psych eval though.... I think the armies of the world want more level headed soldiers flying their 50 million dollar hardware. You'd make a good grunt though. Here's your $300 M-16. Have at it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bradmick said:

Rogue Trooper I feel like you need a hug. Do you need a hug? I won't give you the hug, but we can probably arrange for that to happen.

I do need a hug.

I really need it!

The end result just does not feel proper!

In one year, post release, I sense my ultimate weapon will be dropped into the "to do bin", as DCS evolves, the mighty Apache will drop into the league of the magnificent KA-50. I cry, it a start that lacks lustre. A weapon that needs correction 5 years after the fact of birth. 

I have seen and lived such things! 

Edited by Rogue Trooper

37 minutes ago, GoodHope said:

Yeah, I think we've left the rails at this point...

Yes, and I found a easy fix for that, its called the "ignore" button.  Bye Bye RT.  

• Like 1

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

28 minutes ago, Dannyvandelft said:

In 10 years... So you're 12? That explains a lot actually. Good luck passing that psych eval though.... I think the armies of the world want more level headed soldiers flying their 50 million dollar hardware. You'd make a good grunt though. Here's your $300 M-16. Have at it. emoji1787.png

53 years of age mate.

Got the first computer available in the UK.

Logged onto the first internet that ever existed in the UK.... it was DOS driven.

This alone stands head and shoulders above what you have achieved on the net.... Mate!

I think what we need right now is exactly people like me, we do not neeed monkeys like you Dannnyvandelft.....people like you are the problem with the world. 

Edited by Rogue Trooper

11 minutes ago, ViKe said:

I will use monocle option for both eyes in VR.

Im glad that will be an option.

Cant wait to be an Apache Boy for years to come.

I doubt it.

I doubt it very much... almost hilarious.

I guess this is end of comms on this subject once it becomes pathetic posts from no one.

🙂

Edited by Rogue Trooper

Somebody is off their meds for sure. Either that or this crazy new world has gotten to him.

Imagine his mindset and rant level if this recent crisis stops the release of our beloved heli.

Then again I may go nuts with him. 🙂

• Like 4

53 years of age mate.
Got the first computer available in the UK.
Logged onto the first internet that ever existed in the UK.... it was DOS driven.
This alone stands head and shoulders above what you have achieved on the net.... Mate!
I think what we need right now is exactly people like me, we do not neeed monkeys like you Dannnyvandelft.....people like you are the problem with the world. 
Yes, sane people are the problem, while irrational ones are the answer.... there MIGHT just be a conflict going on somewhere disproving your point....

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Rogue Trooper said:

I doubt it.

I doubt it very much... almost hilarious.

I guess this is end of comms on this subject once it becomes pathetic posts from no one.

🙂

haha what are you talking about?

Are you really angry that there will be an option for both eyes?

Go outside and get some fresh air.

• Like 3