3D printed custom detent for HOTAS Warthog

mak77

I hope HOTAS Warthog users will find this little project useful. It is 3D printable afterburner custom detent, to replace genuine part which require to rise throttles up to activate afterburners. 3D printed part allows to just push the throttles through, but with still detectable detent and resistance. There are three versions of it available for free download, with different resistance levels. Cheers & enjoy! 😀

https://makcorner.net/mak-thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-afterburner-detent/

NOTE: my STL file is free. If you own 3D printer, the only cost to make this thing is few cents for filament 🙂.

MAK TH HOTAS Warthog Afterburner Detent.png

MAK TH HOTAS Warthog Afterburner Detent 01small.jpg

Edited by mak77
  • Like 3

This is a brillant idea... I did similar thing the old way by filing the origin piece to make something similar to your alternate model. I never understoud why Thurstmaster never did that. Unfortunatly, I do not have 3D printer...

Edited by sedenion

9 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Someone needs to tell you. I guess i'm elected.

It's been done years ago. It doesn't mean more than one guy can't sell them. I just thought you should know.

I'm not selling anything mate. This is what I've done for myself and 3D printed. Thought will share it with others - my STL file is available for free download.

So sure some may want to buy commercial product for almost 15 EUR, but I reckon some others may prefer to print STL file. In that case cost is nearly zero, as it takes barely few grams of filament to print this little thing. And again - I've made my STL file public, free, not selling.

EDIT: I've made it clear in my original post that the STL file is free download.

Edited by mak77
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, sedenion said:

This is a brillant idea... I did similar thing the old way by filing the origin piece to make something similar to your alternate model. I never understoud why Thurstmaster never did that. Unfortunatly, I do not have 3D printer...

Maybe check with your friends? 3D printers are more and more popular. Someone around may have one. I takes just few minutes to print such a small thing. Cost of filament is negligible, so it should cost you max a beer 🍻🙂.

• Like 1

There is a 3rd option for those with no printer or wants to buy from Shapeways. We did it before anything was available.

Just file the stock detent. It's easy. Do a little at a time until you get it the way you like it.

• Like 1

Buzz

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
43 minutes ago, mosqui said:

It works perfectly and I have not had to buy any new detent.

Me too. But if you want to keep your original, OR, like me, want to have different detents for different aircraft. You will need some more. Many of the DCS modules have multiple detents. 😉

Edited by MAXsenna