Andersen ILS info missing from Aerodrome data (F10 map)

Nealius

• 2 months later...

I'm getting the same present day, read in another thread it might have something to do with wind speeds and could be a bug. Came here to check and see if it had ever been reported.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

8 hours ago, Steve Gee said:

I'm getting the same present day, read in another thread it might have something to do with wind speeds and could be a bug. Came here to check and see if it had ever been reported.

The issue isn't the general issues with ILS and wind speeds, it's the information provided in the aerodrome data, and here, it's more of a case that DCS' current system doesn't really support more than 1 runway (either in information and ATC).

For aerodromes with multiple runways, only 1 runway is present in the information, sometimes including ILS information but sometimes not - this issue is also present on the Syria map with airfields with multiple runways (such as Beirut-Rafic Hariri Intl., Ramat David, Damascus etc).

And it gets worse with parallel runways, which DCS basically just falls over on - note that the information describes RWY 06 and 24 - what runway is it actually referring to? 6L/24R or 6R/24L?

The outlier though is Antonio B. Won Pat Intl., which while being like Andersen (2 parallel runways), does list ILS information for RWY 06L, but not RWY 06R (as again, DCS only really supports 1 runway).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...