Repeated crashes in Syria map, PC specs should be fine!

wiwa23

I fly the Hornet. I have pretty good frames overall, flying online was never an issue, not much stuttering but I get rather unexpected/unannounced crashes, for now only in the Syria map. They happen out of the blue with no signs of apparent pc problems. Just like that the screen goes black, or dcs just freezes and it will close along with Discord (when Discord open). Untill now I only experienced it while flying over the Syria map (using the required 32 RAM). PC runs fine, is professionally build with fine components and only have problems with DCS. I'm excluding myself from squad flying because I'm to independable for the others. But want to resume it. Can anybody help or read the log?

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor  3.80 GHz

32GB RAM

SSD 2TB drive (sept 2021)

2070S Nvidia 

Track IR 5

Steps taken so far (in chronological order):

- lower settings

(seemed to have worked one time?).

- driver gpu reinstalled.

- dcs repair - dcs cleanup.

- fresh install of all mods.

- complete uninstalled/reinstalled DCS.

- RAM test for 8 hours, no error or high temps found.

- CPU stress test for 7 hours, no errors or high temps found.

Latest DC log (have more of them):

DCS/2.7.10.19402 (x86_64; Windows)

G:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\edterrainGraphics41.dll

# C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at D3DA6775 00:00000000

SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;G:\DCS World OpenBeta;G:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*https://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 528, UserName: 'STUDIO'

OS-Version: 10.0.19042 () 0x100-0x1

0x00007FFCD3DA6775 ((module-name not available)): (function-name not available) + 0x0

0x000001DA6607E348 ((module-name not available)): (function-name not available) + 0x0

0x00007FFCD3DA8320 ((module-name not available)): (function-name not available) + 0x0

0x000001DE9F960788 ((module-name not available)): (function-name not available) + 0x0

0x0000007C307FE610 ((module-name not available)): (function-name not available) + 0x0

0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE ((module-name not available)): (function-name not available) + 0x0

Thanks in advance,

Wiwa

Edited by wiwa23

• ED Team

Hi, 

if possible please include the whole dcs log here, you can attach it, this will give the full picture of what is going on. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello, thanks to all the replies! So adjusting the page files might resolve the issue, right? Because it seems to be memory related, even though I have 32gigRAM which should be enough, right? Anyway, thanks for the help and the effort for looking into it!

• ED Team

32 GB of RAM should be enough to play offline missions without VR. But in your case it is not enough for some reason. The map of Syria is the largest and most detailed of the entire set of terrains ED. Maybe that's why? Increase the page file to 20-25 GB. It's completely free. 🙂

• Like 1

You should check your system to see what the allocated RAM is from other software running in the background on your computer. You might have 32GB but how much of it is actually freed up? I ran into such a problem and found I had apps eating into my available memory. Shutting them down or removing them solved the issue.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 11:06 PM, maximov said:

32 GB of RAM should be enough to play offline missions without VR. But in your case it is not enough for some reason. The map of Syria is the largest and most detailed of the entire set of terrains ED. Maybe that's why? Increase the page file to 20-25 GB. It's completely free. 🙂

Hello Maximov Thanks for the tip. Im a bit confused. So you say I should change the c drive (Windows install) to 20-25. But when I look at my G Extra SSD drive I See 'none' ('geen' in Dutch)'. DCS is installed on my G drive... Shouldn't I allocate a value to that drive as well? The way I did it in the screenshot (20-25 c drive) resulted in crashing as well. Sorry for the questions just not fully understaning this. I included a screenshot of the settings to avoid confusion. Anyway thanks! Wiwa

Ram on G drive.png

Edited by wiwa23

FWIW , as i have recently written in a similar topic my available ram fpr DCS is at best 12GB yet Syria is never an issue. I notice though that my system managed virtual memory is currently 22GB approximately. Medium settings, VR multiplayer.

• Like 1

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

2 hours ago, maximov said:

Please recent dcs.log (after crash)

I will be grateful to you if you will also use the automatic sending of crash reports to our server:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/logs

And I'm grateful for your time and expertise, thanks! I will send the reports if I have the chance. The last couple of crashes didn't allow me due to DCS shutting dow ompletely. Included is the latest crash log... actually there were two of them of the same event. This is the latest.

dcs.20220218-171904.crash

@wiwa23 - look at this link. the page file is in GB. your screen shot is showing MB. multiply by 1024. 1024 * 16 = 16384 or 1024 * 32 = 32768.

Page File

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

22 hours ago, silverdevil said:

@wiwa23 - look at this link. the page file is in GB. your screen shot is showing MB. multiply by 1024. 1024 * 16 = 16384 or 1024 * 32 = 32768.

Page File

Yes thanks! I already had read it but need to truly investigate further so I understand what numbers to put where...