F-86 Show me your Gun skills in a short track replay

BIGNEWY

I just bought this module in the sale, I was unaware that the gunsight and gun damage is not modelled correctly. If there will not be a fix, maybe something about this should be noted on the shop page.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, pgn said:

I just bought this module in the sale, I was unaware that the gunsight and gun damage is not modelled correctly. If there will not be a fix, maybe something about this should be noted on the shop page.

This. ED needs to either fix this either in the code or on their store page.

• Like 3

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I've come to the conclusion that ED cannot fix the problem, they're clearly incapable. We're beyond it not being a priority, we're beyond it not being reproduced and allegedly we can discount "can't be arsed" so that leaves only one conclusion at this point doesn't it. Unless of course fixing things people have already paid for and continue to buy in a broken state is less important to ED than pushing the latest sale and the latest module.

• Like 4

On 3/26/2023 at 6:41 PM, SoW Reddog said:

I've come to the conclusion that ED cannot fix the problem, they're clearly incapable. We're beyond it not being a priority, we're beyond it not being reproduced and allegedly we can discount "can't be arsed" so that leaves only one conclusion at this point doesn't it. Unless of course fixing things people have already paid for and continue to buy in a broken state is less important to ED than pushing the latest sale and the latest module.

and to rub it in, as we all know, the community already has a fix, tested and verified but using it means you cannot join a multiplayer server !!!....

.... another can of patience Johnson!

S! 

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi all, 

I can only apologies for the delay, the teams are very busy constantly. I have raised the issue with the team responsible and they will be making some time for the gun radar issue soon. 

thank you for your patience. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/29/2023 at 9:12 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

I can only apologies for the delay, the teams are very busy constantly. I have raised the issue with the team responsible and they will be making some time for the gun radar issue soon. 

This is good news. I love dcs, but there are some stuff i find a bit baffling never get fixed.

Like the at times game breaking ground unit accuracy, this can't be that hard to fix. 

And stuff like the guns on the F86, I know the F86 isn't the big seller, and there isn't a lot of money in fixing it vs making the F18 and F16 more attractive to buy. But the main selling point of dcs is the realism of it moduals and its strange its taken years to fix this minor problem while still selling the modual for $50 without any notice in the store.

Would be like selling the F16 while it doesn't have working radar so it's impossible to lock targets with AMRAAMs for like 5 years.

It's the little things that seems odd in this sims. New stuff is added, yet "quality of life" improvement or fixing the older moduals fall to the side. It's great we now get TM and other performance related updates.  But I still haven't seen any official statement about ground unit accuracy. Does ED even consider it a problem to fix. Or are they happy with a dude with a K98 hitting an aircraft going 600knots? 

• Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

This is good news. I love dcs, but there are some stuff i find a bit baffling never get fixed.

Like the at times game breaking ground unit accuracy, this can't be that hard to fix. 

And stuff like the guns on the F86, I know the F86 isn't the big seller, and there isn't a lot of money in fixing it vs making the F18 and F16 more attractive to buy. But the main selling point of dcs is the realism of it moduals and its strange its taken years to fix this minor problem while still selling the modual for $50 without any notice in the store.

Would be like selling the F16 while it doesn't have working radar so it's impossible to lock targets with AMRAAMs for like 5 years.

It's the little things that seems odd in this sims. New stuff is added, yet "quality of life" improvement or fixing the older moduals fall to the side. It's great we now get TM and other performance related updates.  But I still haven't seen any official statement about ground unit accuracy. Does ED even consider it a problem to fix. Or are they happy with a dude with a K98 hitting an aircraft going 600knots? 

The radar gun fix is long over due for the F-86 we know it. 

But please stay on topic here, if you are going to complain about other topics do it in the relevant thread, dont derail this one. 

thank you

• Like 3

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, nzteddy said:

They might be inaccurate, but boy they sound a lot better after the last update. Thanks ED!

nzteddy, you are not wrong, there is much that is good, amazing and great with this module overall, indeed so much, that the obvious ugly ( the gun issue ) on the module stands out even more and frustrates.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:12 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

Looking forward to this finding it's way on the 'Fixed' list on a soon to be published Newsletter.

Thanks for the push again!

(of course, when this get's resolved fully and correctly, I'll need a new excuse for missing my shots, but don't let that delay the corrective action process 🙂 )

S!

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2023 at 10:28 PM, BIGNEWY said:

The radar gun fix is long over due for the F-86 we know it. 

But please stay on topic here, if you are going to complain about other topics do it in the relevant thread, dont derail this one. 

thank you

Another quarter of a year on, and still nothing? Let me guess, the team's still really busy?

• Like 6

On 3/29/2023 at 3:12 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

Not complaining, just asking ... squeeky wheel, and all that.

My all-time favorite aircraft is the F-86 ... my second favorite is the Bf-109. I suppose it's just coincidence that DCS gives both of them short shrift ... not that I'm personally feeling  persecuted, but still...

I have no idea what development process the devs use, but, could you at least confirm that there's an open ticket for this?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

todays patch introduced a fix, please take a look and share your thoughts. 

thank you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

todays patch introduced a fix, please take a look and share your thoughts. 

thank you

FANTASTIC!

Within reasonable range, the Bullets hit the MiG15 very precisely and to my surprise, they are extremely deadly for the MiG.

Great Job!

Has the V0 of the bullets been adjusted?

• Like 3
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

FANTASTIC!

Within reasonable range, the Bullets hit the MiG15 very precisely and to my surprise, they are extremely deadly for the MiG.

Great Job!

good to hear and thank you for giving me the feedback so quickly. 

5 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

I will try to clarify 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, unless the round velocities fixed, too, it's a bandaid on an avulsion.

There's literally no excuse for it not to be. Curly did all the work for them.

• Like 3

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

First impression: Aiming much improved, pipper seems accurate (getting hits at pipper center) at 175, 700, and 970 yards; lethality seems about the same (dead-6 fuselage shots are unimpressive).

Oddity -- not sure I've noticed this before, but uncaged pipper was very flashy (blinking on/off, jumpy) when trying to track slow target low to ground (ground clutter?).

Will be exercising it tonight.

Early verdict: 👍

Second impression, after a couple of hours: YAHTZEE!

Tracking shots with some aspect (2-3G @ 300-600 yards) wrecks a MiG-15 with 1-2 sec burst.

Edited by Awger
  • Like 3

• BIGNEWY unpinned and locked this topic