Incendiary bombs

fighter1976

4 hours ago, fighter1976 said:

I have minimal knowledge about modding, but can't a third party  develop such a mode? Maybe a general one which alters some already existing bombs,changeing only the graphics?

I assume that Heatblur would have the highest probability of developing it later on for the F-4 Phantom variants that was part of their loadout options.

54 minutes ago, Evoman said:

I assume that Heatblur would have the highest probability of developing it later on for the F-4 Phantom variants that was part of their loadout options.

As far as I'm aware, ED took over all of the new weapon types. So if HB wanted to implement napalm or the GBU-15, it would be up for ED to actually add these weapons to the core game and 3rd parties would use the API to specifically implement it to the module and show the actual symbology and other aircraft specific behaviour. But the weapons themselves after the leave the jet are up to ED.

5 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

As far as I'm aware, ED took over all of the new weapon types. So if HB wanted to implement napalm or the GBU-15, it would be up for ED to actually add these weapons to the core game and 3rd parties would use the API to specifically implement it to the module and show the actual symbology and other aircraft specific behaviour. But the weapons themselves after the leave the jet are up to ED.

That's good as the A-4 should have napalm too and so do the Jug, F-51 and F4U

2 hours ago, upyr1 said:

That's good as the A-4 should have napalm too and so do the Jug, F-51 and F4U

While I agree that napalm is probably - and sadly, depending on how you see it - is one of the most iconic weapons of the F-4, so it would make sense to implement it. But this relies on implementing all the planned advanced weapon functions first. With that being said, having napalm be a bomb with a different graphical effect is still preferable to not having it at all.