Track replay is way off

Wile E.

I ran through an A-10C II mission I created, from a cold start to landing, quit to the debrief, then saved the track. I later tried to watch that track in the Replay section. It seemed correct at first. It even had the taxi mistake I made (forgetting nose wheel steering). The plane flew in the right direction, turned toward an enemy column, dropped a CBU-105, and missed by a huge margin. However when I played the mission, the bomb hit right on the laser mark and destroyed four T-80s. It then dropped the second CBU-105, which also missed, which didn't happen in the real mission. Then the plane performed some weird maneuvers that ended with a nose-dive into a mountain. Is there something wrong with the tracks and replays? Is there maybe some setting I'm missing?

Here are some things that might matter:

Single player, on my own PC

A-10C II

Non steam version (latest version)

I played the mission in VR, then quit the game, turned off my headset, and reloaded to watch it in 2D.

I used active pause and regular pause when playing.

I sped up, slowed down, and paused the playback.

The search function is your friend.  Reliability of tracks has been discussed to death.  Short version is it designed more as a debug tool (saving what inputs were made) than a exact replay of what happened in your flight.

• Like 1

I did restart between the recording and playback, because I wanted to go from VR to 2D. It didn't help.

I guess if I want to record sessions to learn from them, I should get some screen recording software.

• 3 weeks later...