WINWING STORE pre-order system online now!

WINWING

Hoping to share my experience and timelines. I pre-ordered the new Orion 2 throttle 7 May and received the request for payment processing 20 May, so about 13 days. They are getting better now that their off season is over.

Of course, I didn't catch the email until today, so my pre-order expired and I had to restart the process (Doh!).  No fault of WinWing at all. When I pre-ordered, the site was estimating August timeframe for availability, so I did not expect such a short turnaround.  No big deal. I am a bit bummed since I just upgraded my video card to a 3080TI (60+ FPS on highest quality now!!!) and it would have been a lot of fun to break it in with the F-16 throttle!  🙂

I was happy to see the throttle step is back in inventory, soi I ordered that sucker!  The new throttle will get here eventually, but I will be watching my inbox like a hawk from now until the mail delivers it!

• 4 weeks later...

Order turn around time:

I placed a pre-order for a `Orion 2 HOTAS MAX` on June 7, 3 weeks ago tomorrow.

I received an initial response "When the products are instock, we will inform you to pay for them" but haven't heard anything since.

Has anyone placed an order recently, and what was the turn around time?

I'm aware that China has had some serious Covid lockdowns, and yes I'm being patient 😉

Thanks

ack, I'm cross posting, this seemed like a better channel to post on

Update: 6/28

I used chat with Winwing to inquire on my order and received the following response:

Hello, We found that there is Orion Joystick BASE in your oredr, and we will release new version of the Orion Joystick Base, so we have kept almost all orders which includs this Base, and will send you new version of this Base. That's won't take long.

Which is promising, but "new" isn't always better, meaning the kinks haven't been worked out of it ...

Anyhow looking forward to getting the HOTAS 🙂

Update: 7/7 still waiting <sigh>

Edited by jvandemark

I ordered the Super Taurus base back in March but finally gave up waiting.  Found a used one in great shape on eBay.  A few weeks ago on the fox2 winwing store it showed August 14th, but that may have changed.  I can't get their page to pull up at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I pre-ordered the Orion 2 stick & throttle yesterday 7-5-22. I guess the wait begins. I have received 2 emails confirming my pre-order, when I placed the order and today. Do they send an email everyday? I am cool with that, at least I know they didn't lose my pre-order.

On 7/6/2022 at 12:02 PM, Dginn69 said:

I pre-ordered the Orion 2 stick & throttle yesterday 7-5-22. I guess the wait begins. I have received 2 emails confirming my pre-order, when I placed the order and today. Do they send an email everyday? I am cool with that, at least I know they didn't lose my pre-order.

I ordered the `Orion 2 Hotas Max` on 6-7, exactly a month ago now, I am still waiting (see my post above) apparently there is a new version of the Joystick which is holding up all orders. I briefly considered bailing on the pre-order and getting a WartHog (TM) but it's not what I really want.

Edited by jvandemark
update

I wonder what they're gonna change. It's the joystick base that's out of supply, which doesn't seem, at least to me, to have any issues worth changing. I'd feel bummed if I got Orion 1 when I first tried (because I missed it, now I have Orion 2 with finger lifts, a much improved design), but I have exactly zero complaints about the stick base. 

4 hours ago, jvandemark said:

I ordered the `Orion 2 Hotas Max` on 6-7, exactly a month ago now, I am still waiting (see my post above) apparently there is a new version of the Joystick which is holding up all orders. I briefly considered bailing on the pre-order and getting a WartHog (TM) but it's not what I really want.

Agreed, I really do not want the warthog either. I I guess I just have yo wait.

Winwing has a new Web Site, looks like pictures of the new joystick base? not sure

Kind of wonder what is the difference between the Hotas Max & Hotas Metal? is $100? they look the same ...

Hope this means my order will be filled SOON 😉

Joe

Edited by jvandemark

Is the shopping cart system not working? I tried to add items to my cart at wwsimstore.com, but my cart stays empty.

EDIT:

In case anyone from Winwing sees this:

Old bookmarks from a few weeks ago appear to lead to a defunct storefront. Any URL that follows the pattern wwsimstore.com/p/347.html will not allow me to put an item in the cart, but a URL like https://wwsimstore.com/view/goods-details.html?id=347 will allow me to add the same item.

Any link from wwsimstore.com/STORE uses the old format, but links from https://wwsimstore.com/view/shopping.html work fine.

You guys should be able to create a script that redirects from the old format to the new, or at the very least deactivate the dead storefront and have 404 errors go to the new one.

Edited by Wile E.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the new winwing products on alibaba are from winwing? The alibaba site is more expensive. However they allegedly have stuff in stock. I wonder if their manufacturer ran the assembly line a few days longer or something and is capitalizing on it. It seems a bit fishy to me but stranger stuff happens all the time. 
Has anyone bought their stuff from alibaba and what problems if any did you have?

9 hours ago, Zeta7 said:

Does anyone know if the new winwing products on alibaba are from winwing? The alibaba site is more expensive. However they allegedly have stuff in stock. I wonder if their manufacturer ran the assembly line a few days longer or something and is capitalizing on it. It seems a bit fishy to me but stranger stuff happens all the time. 
Has anyone bought their stuff from alibaba and what problems if any did you have?

The only legitimate WW store is wwsimstore.com/

Warranty is void if you purchase elsewhere

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Аввадон said:

я тоже не мог купить

English?

Btw you are quoting from 4 weeks ago!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Delaying the pro order date 10min before the announced released time isn’t serious. It’s 4am in Europe when you do. NOT cool

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Did I missed something? I set an alarm to get up and place my order. 

Btw, it is 4:00 am

i7-8700K / 32GB RAM @3000 / 1TB M.2 SSD / Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC

VR- Gamer: Valve Index

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]