HUD improvement

joojoo

This?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320400/

I have the other one called "F-14-A-B_HUD", but I do not know the author was.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Seeing the Sparrowhawk HUD would be great! but i have kind of gotten used to watching my wing sweep in the mirrors and quick eyeballing the inconveniently located (for a sim) gauge in the cockpit.  The feedback from Jester is useful as well in engagements and keeps it more period correct.

• Like 1

Definitely want the Sparrowhawk and full F-14B Upgrade as the ultimate B.  

F-14D is an entirely different animal, of course and it's Kaiser HUD sounded substantially better than the Hornet and the off the shelf Sparrowhawk.  

• Like 2

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 1 year later...

Since an F-14D is out of question for security reasons a fully updated / upgraded F-14B is something we all deserve to get someday from Heatblur. Getting the sparrowhawk is a solid step to the right direction.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:05 AM, BMamba said:

Since an F-14D is out of question for security reasons a fully updated / upgraded F-14B is something we all deserve to get someday from Heatblur. Getting the sparrowhawk is a solid step to the right direction.

There are aspects of the Late F-14B's that are also classified and no public data on.

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On 7/15/2023 at 11:09 PM, SkateZilla said:

There are aspects of the Late F-14B's that are also classified and no public data on.

Didn't know that. Always thought the A and A+(B) were declassified. In any case bringing the sparrowhawk HUD will not spill any guarded state secret. The HUDs we have in F15E, F16 and FA18 are way more advanced than the sparrowhawk. But IMHO it will make a huge difference in pilot interface in comparison with the current F14 HUD.

2 hours ago, BMamba said:

Didn't know that. Always thought the A and A+(B) were declassified. In any case bringing the sparrowhawk HUD will not spill any guarded state secret. The HUDs we have in F15E, F16 and FA18 are way more advanced than the sparrowhawk. But IMHO it will make a huge difference in pilot interface in comparison with the current F14 HUD.

The Sparrowhawk and it's interface systems are part of that classified manual...

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs