moving stabilator. what do I use it for?

silent one

Wondering the same... IIRC Casmo said in one video he'S got it mapped, so it seems to be useful for something at least. Only thing I actually noticed: Regardless of what I set it to, it basically returns to 0° and won't react to any input anyway as soon as the thing is flying, so what's the point?

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

8 minutes ago, silent one said:

Since I can move the stabilator I have no idea when or why Im supposed to try to use it . Any helpful ideas?

It's if the auto mode fails or for manual control, some wind conditions it's beneficial, it's also beneficial for  for approaches and low to the ground to help see over the front the aircraft to improve visibility. 

• Thanks 1

@Ignition The manual Stab is automaticly disabled at 80 Knots. Observe EUFD indicator text top right.

If you had a diffent setting than auto, it will indeed pitch quite violently 😛

if you want to use manual stab I highly recomment to also use "Stabilisator control switch - Depress" and put on an Switch not a button. As long as the switch is on manual Stab is disabled if you putt the switch in the off position manual stab is reengaged.

Edited by jayst0r

20 minutes ago, jayst0r said:

@Ignition The manual Stab is automaticly disabled at 80 Knots. Observe EUFD indicator text top right.

If you had a diffent setting than auto, it will indeed pitch quite violently 😛

if you want to use manual stab I highly recomment to also use "Stabilisator control switch - Depress" and put on an Switch not a button. As long as the switch is on manual Stab is disabled if you putt the switch in the off position manual stab is reengaged.

The thing is I alway used auto, the stabilator controls are not even mapped on my HOTAS. I don't understand. I will fly a little more and pay attention to the stabilator changes.

NVM, I think I found the problem. NOE was on, I don't remeber turning it on though. I was flying with a frined as CPG maybe he turned it on?. I tested it and it has the same behavior.

thanks.

Edited by Ignition

@Ignition I think it is a desync Bug, when he joins you when you already flippt a few switches.
I had this too in a multiplayer session my CPG did not even know about the setting we tried to synchronize it by each one of us would turn it on and off again, but it would not stay synced.
Now I alway check if a CPG joins.