Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Forced trim not working at all

gdotts
Go to solution Solved by doog79,

Worked with Forced trim release before Huey and Hind.... saw how it kicks in and how to invoke it. Bound it to my Warthog china hat up for Force trim release, right for Altitude, left for attitude and down for diseegage.  Went flying and could not get it going.  I changed from the china hat to a 4-way switch, same results.  I saw in one of Wags Ah-64D videos a 4 instrument showing the force in action for the yaw, roll, etc. Which I do not see on the screen.  Looking for some help here guys.  

• Solution

Right ctrl + enter keys to bring that gauge up.  Taken me about 5 or 6 hrs to get comfortable with the trim release in the 64.  Feels totally different to the other helis in DCS but once you get a feel for it it's great.  

yeh it feels really un-natural but once you get the feel of it its fine just got forget what you do with the huey, mi24 etc lol, you basicallt only use the up switch for now if im understanding what Wags said

Ryzen 7 7800x3D , RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz  Pico4 Windows 11 Pro water cooling full loop

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2022 at 12:07 AM, Nealius said:

Which trim setting is this? I set mine to central trimmer and pressing up on the trim switch functions exactly as it does on the Huey. 

How does the default trim work?

I'll second this as I tried to fly around and for some reason there isn't any trim selection ability. Is this correct with Early Access?

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I had a similar issue lately and while it may not be the same as what you are seeing, and this is how it was resolved:

Problem: So, all of a sudden, my TRIM stopped working. I saw the red X when I hit the trimmer, but when I returned to center (in either mode) the nose would pitch up like there was no trim.

Solution: I found it buried in an older thread:  Somehow, in the MISC tab, FORCE FEEDBACK got checked. I don't know how, but it was. Once I unchecked it, TRIM was working normally.

image.png