HOCAS Cursor gets stuck on edges

Go to solution Solved by Buschwick,

The documented behavior is (as I read it) that the HOCAS cursor will change screens if you run the cursor to the edge in direction of the other HMD until it stops, and then push in that direction again, at which point it appears on the other screen on the edge closest to the other MFD. This works sometimes for me, but as many times, the cursor becomes stuck, and can't be moved in any direction until you press the cursor change screen button, at which point it appears in the center of the other screen and is responsive again (= workaround for this issue).

same issue. strange that it passed beta testing

Edited by FZG_Immel
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

It doesn't some much get stuck, but it looks like the cursor position value has no boundaries. The cursor icon stops at the edge of the screen, but the position value goes further. 

It just (for example if the center is not "centered" and it keeps on creeping ..) goes WAAAY WAY WAY FAR out of the screen and it takes forever to slew it back.
Faster to swap the screens back and forth with the button.

Somewhat easy to reproduce, even if your axis would be centered. Just move it further out to left for 10 seconds. Then move it back and see how long it takes. My feeling is that takes the same amount of time.

Edited by Juuba
  • Like 2
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

I believe you can "double click" at an edge to go over to the other display, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work very well if you have the TSD cursor bound to an analog hat.

• Like 1

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

OK, here's a small track file. 

HOCAS is bound to axes on my throttle (not buttons).

After start, I set the cursor to appear on the right screen (screen select). I then move it toward the left screen until it touches that left edge. From then on it's stuck (does not cross to the other side, cant move in any direction, even though I try) until select the other (left) screen for the cursor. I move it about a bit; once it touches the right side, it's stuck again, can't move, will not cross to the other screen.

Hope this helps,

-ch

hocas issue.trk

Edited by cfrag

1 minute ago, Buschwick said:

I saw somwhere that setting a deadzone on the ministick on both axis fixed it for somebody.  I experience the same thing with it freezing but I've yet to test that out.

Yes, setting a dead zone in the curves (8 or 10) fix the problem for me, now you put the cursor on the edge, another tap and goes to the other MPD.

When I try to do training mission 4 - 30mm, I can't get the cursor to move at all. It was the first time in the CPG. Seems to work fine in the Pilot seat, but will not move in the CPG and just remains towards the bottom left of the left MPD

So can't do that mission at all, not fired a single round from her yet, although in saying that, I am not too bothered as most of the time I would rather fly, but it would be nice to at least have the option

Toni Carrera

One additional thing, I have it set to the modded stick i have on my Warthog Throttle, which also has a depress, what am I supposed to set the 'Depress' for?

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

14 hours ago, Toni Carrera said:

One additional thing, I have it set to the modded stick i have on my Warthog Throttle, which also has a depress, what am I supposed to set the 'Depress' for?

Cursor enter.

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

Yep, deadzone 3 on HOCAS cursor axis solves the stickiness to the screen borders and also enables the double-click jumping between displays. 

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

• 3 months later...

Worked for me. Thanks!

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-6700k (4.00GHz @ 4.60GHz)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080i Black Gaming Edition

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX DDR4 3000 LGA 1151

G.SKILL 32GB (4 x 8GB) TridentZ DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz

SAMSUNG 850 Series 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC I (SSD)

TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Controller

Windows 10 Pro v. 1803

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...