TrackIR Shake?

H-street

I'm having an issue with the TrackIR 4..

when i look forward in the cockpit it is fine, if i look down or any direction and try to click on anything its near impossible.. the Screen shakes so bad that i'm not able to click on anything in the cockpit..

i checked my TrackIR guages, and they are rock solid when i move around..

meaning when i move my head and hold it, the guages don't show any of the motion shaking that i am seeing in the sim..

I am on the latest TrackIR software..

Hi H-Street...

when you are zoomed in , any movements (and I mean ANY movement..ie your heart beat or breathing!) are amplified....if you were able to zoom in and look at the trackir Gauges, you would see they are still picking up the micromovements.

I suggest that you try the "Precision" mode , which I believe normalises the input a little (like mouse smooth in windows drivers) also check the profile you are loading and ensure each of the Axis curves are set to "smooth" and also consider lowering the sensitivty of the trackir device (ie tweak the curves down some in each axis).

You might also be seeing a problem with your zoom axis as I do..I have Zoom View set to the slider axis on my X52, unfortunately the slider Axis is a plastic heap of junk ;) and is very prone to skipping and jumping between input levels even when stationary..this can cause my view to "shake" annoyingly untill I tap it a little bit. If you have the same setup then check this.

On other Issue could be false readings from light sources behind your head .. make sure there is no Mirrors or light sources within the trackIR recievers view...check it in the trackir software settings (view / tracking) , and try standing off to one side with the TIR reflectors held in front where your head would be..make sure you can only see the 3 reflector (or track clip LED's) showing .. if you can see any more green then you will need to set the filtering to block it, or remove the other IR source. (ie it could be picking it up when you lean forward to look down for eg.)

To me this sounds like once you move your head away from centre position TrackIR is loosing track. Make sure you locate the TrackIR unit level with your forehead and if you're using a cap, don't use one that's tilted downards. For best tracking make the reflector stripes at right angles with TrackIR sensor and that you have no other light sources behind you. You should be able to rotate your head some 40 degrees in each direction and not loose track on any of the 3 reflector stripes.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

• 2 weeks later...

I am having similar problems with TrackIR. If I leave the cockpit view at it default position I have no shake, but if I zoom in or out of the default zone I get shake like my point of view is moving front to back about an inch or two but no side to side shake.

I have my cockpit zoom mapped to the joystick throttle axis and have put some deadzone into that axis, that eliminated some of the shake but not all.

I am still working the problem If I find a cure I will post it.

Jim

I have the same issue as H-street. I have used Trackir with the Pro Clip for almost 2 years now and have not seen this before. I checked my tracking in the Trackir software and it is fine. It is also fine in Lock On. Even if I don't zoom in, simply looking down at normal zoom will make the cockpit shake. It is like a jitter. It doesn't happen all the time and is random. I have to pause the Trackir to get it to stop. In my opinion it is something going on with Black Shark.

I sometimes experience similar behaviour. I traced it down to the following causes :

-sometimes the status in the lower leftcorner of the track-ir program window says 'tracking', as it should be. If I move my head in certain positions the status starts flickering between 'tracking' and 'no data' eventhough the three dots are clearly visible in the tracking-window, resulting in strange movements and jumps in the cockpit. I find it sometimes is started by when I access the 'Profiles'-tab in the TIR-software. Solution here is to shutdown the TIR software, unplug end replug the TIR-unit and the tracking should be fine.

-if I use the DOT-overclock function in the Dualcorecentre-software for my MSI-motherboard, I see visualy distorted panels when I flick my head around using TIR. I also have very unstable zooming in the cockpit then. Turning DOT of fixes it, so it must have something to do with overclocking in this case.

Hope it helps.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Looks like I was a bit hasty thinking BS was my issue and I found my real issue. The trick was not only to watch the Tracking window in the Trackir software but also the "Heads" window. It seems even though the Tracking window showed three green separate lights, the Heads window showed the virtual head stuttering when I looked down. All I needed to do was tilt the Tackir camera on the top of monitor down on an angle so it has a better line of sight when I look down.

• 1 year later...

I have 4 too. And guess what, it does shake when I attempt to look extremely down and back or side to side.

the only remedy was to lower sensitivity, lower curves, dim the lights and make the clip 90 degree to camera.

I might buy 5 since I can have a wider FOV for the camera, more space away from screen. But will have to save a while now...

Maybe cleaning the camera with alcohol strip and the reflectors does something...

lower the light threshold filter, and try to coat your eyeglasses with antireflection. this should lower the extra objects the camera pick up.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I dont have a hat switch. I resolved the problem as stated.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.