Can't taxi - Using TM TFRP

Hi All,

I have calibrated my pedals using the TM Calibration Tool. I have customized the controller in game so that each wheel brake is on the associated pedal axis. In the Axis assignment, there is no sign of the being engaged

So, no Pedal Press

image.png

Full Pedal Press

image.png

And yet when on the tarmac and trying to taxi, this is the result of the controls indicators

image.png

It is the two low marks in orange that I think are causing the issue

So the Apache, just sort of stutters forward, kind of like kangerooing on a car with a clutch and a new driver

Any ideas?

Thank you

Toni

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Looks like something else is also operating the brakes.  See if another controller is mapped.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Hi Sarge, 

Apart from the keyboard, there is nothing mapped to the brakes at all, and I am certainly not pressing those keys

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Those need to be mapped as sliders, when the brakes are "off" you have half the axis as input (so half on).

Set both wheel brakes as sliders and check the pedals graphic if they need to be inverted.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Thanks Baldrick

I will give that a go

Toni

Ps. Do you still have the bullet with your name on it so you don't ever get shot by it 🙂

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

I changed it to a slider and confirmed inverted, as I had already inverted them anyway, but here is the how they are, only showing the right pedal here

At rest

image.png

Full depressed

image.png

Same Result

image.png

What next do you think. The same is for the Left pedal

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

One option is to try using DIView to see how Windows is seeing the calibration. It is a useful tool and you can tune the calibration directly.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=12

scroll down and download diview.zip

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

This is with both pedals at rest

image.png

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

I have the same problem with CH pedals and just gave up and assigned the brakes to a button on the Throttle.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Do your pedals have a car/flight switch or similar? The X and Y axes need to not be centred.

The alternative is to set 50% deadlines or saturation to remove the unused half axis in DCS

Or recalibrate in diview so that only half the axis is used which will save you having to do it for every module in DCS

I have just looked through the following page and can see no option of what you asked, although to be honest I am not entirely sure if it would jump out at me

https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-ie/products/t-flight-rudder-pedals/

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Looks like the switch is on the usb adapter thingy

tm pedals 0.png

6 minutes ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Parking brake still set?

I am pretty sure the issue is the pedal axis, they are showing as having a centre position like a joystick.

Firstly, the parking brake is released

Baldrick, I have flicked that switch, and in doing so, the light went red, from green, but it the sim, it appears as though there was only one axis, which only worked as a slider, there was no rudder capabilities, no left pedal recognition

Car Mode

image.png

Flight Mode

image.png

Both of the above options were 'at rest' information e.g. no pedals pressed, just as they are when not in use, so to speak

Thank you Baldrick for continuing to try and assist me with this. I truly appreciate the efforts you are making

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Ah well worth trying.

If you fancy persevering the next step you could try is to calibrate each toe brake as just half the axis. I do this with an old CH Flightstick I have to use as an analogue brake for the Spitfire etc. In centre position the brake is off and I pull it back to full on.

To do this you need to calibrate each axis (X and Y) in DIView. If you right click in the axis and view raw data, then right click again and click calibrate you can set min, centre and max values. I think it should be setting max to half of the top red figure and centre in between. Below is how mine is set. Once done when you press the pedal the black triangle should travel the entire range and the red just half the range. You may need to fiddle with the figures to get it to work (e.g. min half of max) if it is the wrong way round. It sounds more complicated than it is!diview calibration 0.png

Edited by Baldrick33

I'm using the T.Flight Rudder Pedals, so i have to set the Saturation X to 50 percent, for to fully release the brakes.

But i also noticed in the Apache. When i have switched to the CPG, the brakes was fully set in the controls indicator. After changed the settings, it was no problem anymore to rolling to the runway.

Edited by Intruder_360
  • Like 1

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 minutes ago, Intruder_360 said:

I'm using the T.Flight Rudder Pedals, so i have to set the Saturation X to 50 percent, for to fully release the brakes.

But i also noticed in the Apache. When i have switched to the CPG, the brakes was fully set in the controls indicator. After changed the settings, it was no problem anymore to rolling to the runway.

I just tried setting saturation to 50% with my brake lever and reset calibration back to default in DIView and that also worked. Of course it needs doing for each module but that isn't a big deal. Effectively it is doing the same thing to use half the axis. This way might be a bit easier to do.