Laser range to target for pilot (no tads video)

Kifter1983
Go to solution Solved by AvroLanc,

Hello all, does anyone know if it is possible to display target range (say on IHADSS)?

I can get the range via the video MFD page but I'm wondering if there's a better way?

I'm mainly playing single player and George will call out if a target isn't in range but not at what range we're at or how far we are out to get into firing range.

Thanks

• Like 1

• Solution

You can't view the laser range except through the TADS video page.

But, if you've stored the target as a CM or WP, you can set that as your ACQ Source and you'll get a NAV rage Nx.x in the HAD. It helps. Of course if you've stepped to front seat, you can lase and store a T point and use that for later for Nav range when you swap back to pilot.

• Thanks 2

• ED Team

Hi, 

What I do if you know the target location create a target point and make it your direct to you will then have a range to the target in your IHADSS 

( sniped by AvroLanc 🙂 )

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I had this last night in an MP server.

Moving target, so pointless putting down a fixed point.  Being MP, couldn’t switch to the CPG position. 

Is the targeting point displayed on the TADS?  Might be able to use that? 

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

4 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I had this last night in an MP server.

Moving target, so pointless putting down a fixed point.  Being MP, couldn’t switch to the CPG position. 

Is the targeting point displayed on the TADS?  Might be able to use that? 

Use auto range 

10 minutes ago, kgillers3 said:

Use auto range 

Will that tell the pilot the range to target?

My issue, and I assume the OPs was trying to ensure that you’re in range for Hellfires, and out of range of the enemies weapons.

• Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Just now, Mr_sukebe said:

Will that tell the pilot the range to target?

My issue, and I assume the OPs was trying to ensure that you’re in range for Hellfires, and out of range of the enemies weapons.

If you’re high enough, for that. I’d recommend having the video page up, so vid > tads on the right side > tads on t 5 so you can see the range to target that George is lasing. Reason is auto range is based off flat earth and there’s going to be too many changes from you to the target to be accurate enough

the other solution is adding a target or control measure from the tsd page where George has the tads pointing at the target. Make it your acquisition or dir to it A little more work. 

I use a combo of those for that very specific reason. For closer stuff I use storing and auto range 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1