The F-35 Thread

Groove

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was rather that there is no aircraft of F-16 class anywhere. The f-35 is not a light fighter by any means. fighter gap?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I don't think so ... to me it just looks like the usual evolution of things - the F-35 is the new light fighter. Weighs in about as much as an F-15.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Nobody can tell, and I don't think anyone has heard that it "outperforms" the F-16 from any reliable source.

The F-16 is a standard of maneuverability in a light fighter and will probably remain that way for quite some time. It's right at the limit of the physical capability of a pilot, anyway. That said, I don't think the F-35 will be a slouch, and I have a good laugh at anyone who claims it will be less maneuverable than the Viper because it's "ugly."

I don't think so ... to me it just looks like the usual evolution of things - the F-35 is the new light fighter. Weighs in about as much as an F-15.

Anyway it has long been established that the size of F-15 is about the right size for the given range. That is why the Hornet was stretched into the Super Hornet, and why the F-35 turns out to be bigger than F-16.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A big driver for the weight is also the necessity for it to be an invader's aircraft. It has to bring everything it needs with it internally: Fuel, weapons, avionics both offensive and defensive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Too bad they'll have to do it one day, but who will be ready?

By that time it's all going to be Drones and UAV's

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Are the UK still planning to carry ASRAAM's on external pylons on the JSF? or did they scrap that idea?.

Think we are yeah. Presumably the ASRAAM's are small enough to be external without damaging the RCS (think that's right, anyone with a brain like to step in now :megalol:)

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Anything on the outside adds to RCS. A single panel not covered in LO, will change the RCS. I'm no expert, but would assume any weapons loaded outside would have a huge impact in the level of stealth.

Why would the AIM-132 require to be carried externally only?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Maybe the bays in F-35 will have rails that would extend the missile into the airstream. I haven't seen one picture of the bays open clearly enough to know if they will have rails. That s what the 22 does with its AIM-9 bays.

Now that I mention, does anyone has a photos of a 22 with AIM-9X loaded?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Its not integrated yet, neither is the helmet mounted sight. There are plans for those though.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P