George Interface

mutz
Go to solution Solved by Dzsekeb,

Gents

since the update of today (30 March) the interface for George (ctr V)does not show up anymore, but it seems to be working as I got confirmations when I randomly change with ADWS. Difficult to fly or use George :))

I assume you have a multimonitor setup, with the screens arranged vertically. George UI is probably showing up offscreen in the lower right somewhere.

6 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Checking. 

Edit: Working fine here, make sure to check your bindings. 

Having the same problem, its not a binding issue, its a multi monitor issue. The ui is showing up somewhere offscreen as its considering the whole area when calculating the position not just the viewport where the game is rendered.

Edited by Dzsekeb

• Solution

Temporary fix posted in another thread by Asto:

Open ...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\PrestonAI_page_common.lua 

Replace everything between "--viewports stuff" and "--end viewports stuff" with the following:

--viewports stuff	
	local v = find_viewport("GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT", "CENTER")
	if v ~= nil then
		if v.width ~= total_w or v.height ~= total_h then
			ULX = v.x
			ULY = v.y
			SZX = v.width
			SZY = v.height
			local aspect = SZX/SZY

local offsetX = (ULX + SZX / 2 - total_w / 2) / total_w * total_aspect * 2
			local offsetY = -(ULY + SZY / 2 - total_h / 2) / total_h * 2
			local padding = math.min(total_aspect, aspect) * 0.2
			compass_pos = { -math.min(total_aspect, aspect) + offsetX + padding, -1 + offsetY * 2 + padding}
			weap_control_pos = { math.min(total_aspect, aspect) + offsetX - padding, -1 + offsetY * 2 + padding }

compass_size = compass_size * v.height / total_h
			weap_control_size = weap_control_size * v.height / total_h
		end
	end
	--end viewports stuff

Edited by Dzsekeb
  • Like 1

Think it really depends on how you setup your monitors. Before hotfix the menu was in de middle, and now it’s fine bottom right. 

i use two extra monitors for displaying mfd’s and are setup on the side of main monitor within monitor configuration. Yours maybe on the bottom? 

Edited by Silvester.E

3 minutes ago, Silvester.E said:

Think it really depends on how you setup your monitors. Before hotfix the menu was in de middle, and now it’s fine bottom right. 

i use two extra monitors for displaying mfd’s and are setup on the side of main monitor within monitor configuration. Yours maybe on the bottom? 

Yeah. It might only be affecting vertical setups.

16 minutes ago, Silvester.E said:

Exactly, in the left corner below tha main monitor 2 MFD side by side.

The fix shown above is already IN the latest update - it even has a link to ASTO... Either way, the result for me (3 main monitors sideways, +1 extra for mfds to the far right)) is identical to the first release, ie the CPG menu  is on screen 1 halfway off the bottom, with the Pilots menu nowhere to be seen. 

YES I know how to bind them.  IMO, this and the control indicator NEED to be movable like the Kneepad, although even that insists on disappearing off to the furthest right monitor and still needs a slight mod like this one to make it appear on the 1st monitor by default. This is not 1990, things like this should not be hard-coded.

My fix using the ORIGINAL file places them on the leftmost menu, near the middle. YMMV GREEN STUFF IS MY EDIT Adjust compas_pos & weap_control_pos

--not for VR!
    compass_pos = {-0.8 * total_aspect, 0.5} -- ORIGINAL LINE {-0.82 * total_aspect, -0.7}  --relative to screen center, 1 equals screen height afaik
    weap_control_pos     = {-0.8 * total_aspect, 0.5}  -- ORIGINAL LINE {0.8 * total_aspect, -0.75}
    --viewports stuff    
    local v = find_viewport("GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT", "CENTER")
    if v ~= nil then
        if v.width ~= total_w or v.height ~= total_h then
            ULX = v.x
            ULY = v.y
            SZX = v.width
            SZY = v.height
            local aspect = SZX/SZY
             -- NOTE ALL THE STUFF IN BLUE IS DIFFERENT IN THE LATEST UPDATE                                                   
            weap_control_pos = {(ULX + SZX / 2 - total_w / 2) / total_w * total_aspect * 2, -(ULY + SZY / 2 - total_h / 2) / total_h * 2}
            compass_pos = {weap_control_pos[1] + compass_pos[1] * SZX / total_w, weap_control_pos[2] + compass_pos[2] * SZY / total_h}             

weap_control_size = weap_control_size * v.height / total_h
            compass_size = compass_size * v.height / total_h
        end
    end
    --end viewports stu
ff
end

Edited by mkiii

9 hours ago, NineLine said:

Checking. 

Edit: Working fine here, make sure to check your bindings. 

how many different resolutions did you try?

3840x2160 main viewport, mine doesn't appear on screen either.

or on screen for my second display.

Binding is correct and is working. 

Using the updated method posted by Asto i can get the menu to show, but not in the correct position.

I have this issue in VR searching for these George comms on screen... since I only have one monitor (46" TV) and use VR, I flew after the patch and still had the same issues looking for any text comms with George. Since I am brining up VR, it probably needs to go into a VR thread..? I would like to hear if we too need to adjust some lua info to put the text in a spot where we can find it...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR