Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

AH-64 TEDAC unit built

Well, my idea is to build some kind of instructions manual to make it for others as easy to build it as possible. You will need a 3D printer though, or a friend who has one
I asked a friend of mine to take a look into this since he has an Ender 3 printer (I believe).

He said it's going to take two weeks to print the main housing, let alone the grips and button tops.

So, be prepared, this is not a couple hour print!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CybrSlydr said:

I asked a friend of mine to take a look into this since he has an Ender 3 printer (I believe).

He said it's going to take two weeks to print the main housing, let alone the grips and button tops.

So, be prepared, this is not a couple hour print!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

That's correct. It's about one full 1kg roll. The enclosure alone is about 2.5 days

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Assamita,

I'm using your website as a reference as I'm rather new to this whole project. On your site you mention to use the modified HAT section if I'm following your instructions. Can you let me know what exactly has changed between your version and the original? I already have the HAT sections printed, and am mostly following your site for the electronics part.

If it's just the mountings for the HAT switches, I can likely just follow instructions for the regular hat sections?

I did already order a lot of the switches (Mostly the micro limit switches and 6mm pushbuttons from amazon.) How satified are you with these and the other switches you listed? I found the microswitches a bit light to press, and the pushbuttons are not very tactile it seems. Do these feel better then they're mounted in the final product?

Many thanks for your help and answers! 

On 6/2/2023 at 11:32 PM, Stonkernz said:

Does anyone have a STL file for the PS4 thumbstick holder/retainer they would be willing to share?

Heya,

On Assamita's website (top post on this page), there are the files they used for their TEDAC. It includes a custom bracket for the ps4 style controller they are using. 

On 6/5/2023 at 10:50 PM, Kip336 said:

Heya,

On Assamita's website (top post on this page), there are the files they used for their TEDAC. It includes a custom bracket for the ps4 style controller they are using. 

Thanks,he's using something a little different to what I am (https://www.amazon.nl/-/en/Joystick-Ministick-Controller-PlayStation-Replacement/dp/B06XH1NTFY) but I should be able to cut some bits out to make it do what it needs to.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Grennymaster:

Hy there, im also in the prozess of building my unit 🙂 its to cool to not have one .)

does anyone have STL files for the Rocker and 4 way switches? if not i may construct them my self and share the files here 🙂

Hi, maybe my customizer can help you: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5369645 , I've created it for my TEDAC hats

Cheers Kotti

Edited by kotti

Depends on your 3D printing skills. ABS is hard to print and more prone to shrink and warp. Also, this device doesn't need to widthstand high temperatures, which is the main reason to print with ABS. 

If you asked me, I'd say go for PLA, but you can print it however you want, actually.

26 minutes ago, operatorone said:

Yeah, that's awesome. Unfortunately, I only have an FDM printer, but I think it'll work.

Me too and obviously a resin printer will give a much smoother and beatiful finish, but it can be perfectly done with an FDM. I only have an Ender 3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i have mine completet 🙂

took about 30- 40 hr of work in generell. Printing, wiring, painting, assamble

since i am not able to programm Arduino, i used BBI Board from Leo Bodnar. downside to that is: you need two board, and the are not cheap .)

overall i payed around 250 € for all parts.

BUT i would do it every time again. 🙂 flown about 3 hrs now with it. can now never go back to Xbox contoller 🙂

IMG_20230624_142925.jpg

IMG_20230624_144144.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Am 25.6.2023 um 14:08 schrieb Grennymaster:

So i have mine completet 🙂

took about 30- 40 hr of work in generell. Printing, wiring, painting, assamble

since i am not able to programm Arduino, i used BBI Board from Leo Bodnar. downside to that is: you need two board, and the are not cheap .)

overall i payed around 250 € for all parts.

BUT i would do it every time again. 🙂 flown about 3 hrs now with it. can now never go back to Xbox contoller 🙂

IMG_20230624_142925.jpg

IMG_20230624_144144.jpg

Great job! Looking really amazing!😍

DCS MT 2.9.4.53990
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 3 weeks later...

For the people who have already finished this project; how do you do the soldering of the button matrix (If you use a matrix?) 

This will be my first project, and the soldering has me stumped. I can figure out the programming, I can figure out how to mount the buttons etc. But how do I solder a matrix? It wont be a square matrix as on the wiring schematics. Do I just solder the wires together into one big tree of wires? Or do you use a perfboard for this?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kip336 said:

For the people who have already finished this project; how do you do the soldering of the button matrix (If you use a matrix?) 

This will be my first project, and the soldering has me stumped. I can figure out the programming, I can figure out how to mount the buttons etc. But how do I solder a matrix? It wont be a square matrix as on the wiring schematics. Do I just solder the wires together into one big tree of wires? Or do you use a perfboard for this?

Hi Kipp. I'm on holidays now, but when I return, at the beginning of August, I will be documenting that part of the process, with pictures and instructions. 

Very briefly, you will need a bunch of general purpose diodes and yes, I strongly recommend using a breadboard and pin connectors. Trying to solder all the wires together would be very challenging and messy. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, Kip336 said:

Hi Kipp. I have advanced in the documentation for the wiring of the buttons, the matrix and all that. There's still some work to do, which I will do in the near future, but you can already advance in your project if you were stuck at this point.

Heya Assamita,

This is perfect so far! I was really stuck on how to actually solder the matrix - people using their own custom designed circuit boards, people using breadboards like you, people just doing spaghetti trees... 

This is very helpfull, thank you. On the screenshot with the matrix details, I guess the difference between green and red is left/right grip? 

• 5 weeks later...