Apache Crash Help Pls

KretoFrilk

Try Smart Game Booster by Iobit.

I have a 32 gig of memory and a rtx3070 Super and my textures are on medium.

Also a Ryzen 2700X 8 cores tha i`m running in DCS with all 8  cores. ALso  my page file is set at 16.384. 

Hope this will help.

2 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

^THIS^

Whatever your physical memory is, double it with your page file.

I have 32Gb DDR 3 with 32 on the OS drive and 32 on my game drive. Very rare to crash, even on Syria.

If your low on space, you need a bigger drive.

If you don't want to use pagefile, then you are doomed. Enjoy the crashes.

I've been running everything including DCS on multiple machines for several years without a pagefile. Zero issues until the AH-64D on the Syria map. YMMV. 

If my machine is running out RAM I want to know it. I don't want to suffer the decreased performance pagefile use will cause.

17 hours ago, Ironious said:

I don't want to suffer the decreased performance page file use will cause.

From everything I've read, the performance hit mostly affects mechanical hard drives.

It's not as noticeable on an SSD, but since it causes more writes, the SSD can "possibly" wear out faster.

Maybe you only need a small increase. I would try adding page file 2 to 4Gb's at a time.

That way you can reach a point where there's no perf. hit and your game doesn't crash. Trust me, you won't suffer.

The actual number of Gb's should be multiplied by 1024.

ex:   2Gb's X 1024 = 2048, 4Gb's X 1024 = 4096, 6Gb's X 1024 = 6144, etc.

Another thing may be background programs running. Open task mgr. and startup tab.

disable all programs except back up and AV, then restart. You obviously have a memory hog somewhere.

18 hours ago, xmudroller said:

I have a 32 gig of memory and a rtx3070 Super and my textures are on medium.

WOW! a 3000 series running medium???

I have a 1660Ti an FX processor and DDR3 RAM, (an antique by today's standards)

and I am running mostly high settings. Outside of an occasional micro-stutter, my game runs smooth, and textures look great.

Gaming and computer tech in general is fast outpacing older machines. (Looking at you Win 11)

The Apache and Syria are the most resource hungry modules in DCS.  Good luck.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU