Data Link - Flight Package, not working...

Predator-78

Hi, I need some support.
With my friends we edited a mission on a Nevada map without Awacs planes.
Next, we created a flight package consisting of four F-18s and started the server in multiplayer.
After the ramp start and activation of the Data Link, we all took off and arrived at altitude. The problem is that they see me on the DL while I can't see their position on the monitor.
I have already tried to do a repair but to no avail. I also deleted the mods / F-18 folder and started repair to restore it.
There is no way to make it work ... any other advice?
Thanks to those who will answer.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

2 minuti fa, Hulkbust44 ha scritto:

Assicurati che tutti abbiano veramente il collegamento dati attivo. TACAN attivo da solo ti darà comunque la possibilità di vedere la capacità MIDS, quindi potrebbe sembrare che DL sia attivo. (Tutti parte della stessa unità)

All the other members of the group have turned on their DL system, in fact they see each other on the SA page and also see my position. Unfortunately I don't see them ...

I don't think this is normal, also because they explained to me that in the absence of Awacs, however, the members of the group should see each other.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

4 ore fa, Tholozor ha scritto:

Assicurati che il tuo INS sia allineato correttamente.

I performed the alignment that takes longer, as soon as it gives me ok I put it in the right position.

Firma DCS.png

This is indeed bugged, but I still struggle to find a repro. Since the patch before last patch, the DL is super wonky when we play missions online on our dedicated server. The symptom is typically that you don't see your flight members. Sometimes not at all. Sometimes you see them as unknown friendly DL contacts, but without the A, B, C, D letters. These missions (or at least the base for them) were created before the last few patches. But if I create a clean miz and test to isolate the issue, everything seems to work as expected. Has anyone found any patterns?

I have tried offline and online, with AI and with player clients, with and without AWACS. No luck so far. On new missions it seems to work. Will try to investigate further.

Edited by Bankler
  • Like 1

I've seen the same thing, and it is super-annoying in that it is not reproducible.  Restarting a mission sometimes it works, but not always. Definitely sporadic. 

I tried many things to try and isolate "what I was doing wrong", from making sure I started D/L before IFF, varying my power-on of the D/L in the startup sequence, and so on.  Never did find a trick, so I feel like it is an elusive bug.