Valley of Death III

159th_Viper

Feeling Restless....Up to the Task....Kamov Locked and Loaded?

Your Destiny Awaits, Comrade!

Valley of Death III - 159th Dedicated

Valley-1.jpg

~S~

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Viper,

Would you mind if I hosted some of your maps? I would make sure that folks would know in the mission summary that the server was mine but I would give you credit for the maps and have a link to your site and forums for questions about the map. The server related questions would have to be posted on my forum.

I was hoping you would not mind but I wanted to get your permission first.

p.s Thanks for all the hard work on the maps. I enjoyed the first Valley of Death and the Weapons range.

Viper,

Would you mind if I hosted some of your maps? I would make sure that folks would know in the mission summary that the server was mine but I would give you credit for the maps and have a link to your site and forums for questions about the map. The server related questions would have to be posted on my forum.

I was hoping you would not mind but I wanted to get your permission first.

p.s Thanks for all the hard work on the maps. I enjoyed the first Valley of Death and the Weapons range.

You would have to ask at our Forums, M8 :)

The Missions that we have been running on the 159th Dedi have been put together by Fudd, Shallow_Grave and Royalman of the 159th - not me - so I would not be able to answer you.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Alpha,

Depends on what you mean. If your going to run your own dedicated server and use our missions, then no, I would rather you not. Alot of work goes into those missions and to have someone else run them on their own dedicated server is tantamount to plagarism. I'm sure I speak for both Royalman and SG when we ask that you enjoy them on our dedicated server.

If you want to use our missions on a closed server for your own squad or for some of your buddies thats fine with me. But just please dont make a public dedi running the 159th's missions.

Thanks,

159th_Fudd

Edited by Fudd
Spelling
  • Like 1
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Quite nice mission, long way, last road is really hard due of radar SAMs ;]

Keep going 159th! Nice server :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Alpha,

Depends on what you mean. If your going to run your own dedicated server and use our missions, then no, I would rather you not. Alot of work goes into those missions and to have someone else run them on their own dedicated server is tantamount to plagarism. I'm sure I speak for both Royalman and SG when we ask that you enjoy them on our dedicated server.

If you want to use our missions on a closed server for your own squad or for some of your buddies thats fine with me. But just please dont make a public dedi running the 159th's missions.

Thanks,

159th_Fudd

Hi Fudd, thanks for the response. It certainly wouldn't be plagiarism if you gave the author credit, which is what I said I was going to do in my post asking for permission. In other game communities, it is considered a good thing if a map you made is played on lots of dedicated servers. It signifies that the author of the map created something that lots of people like to play and those good maps spread like wildfire in the community and they keep the community engaged over the long run. I see that this community is different and that is very disappointing.

I do however understand that a lot of work went into these maps and I appreciate the work that you and others have done here. I will abide by your wishes and not host any of the 159nth maps on my servers.

Thanks,

Alpha

• Like 1

In other game communities, it is considered a good thing if a map you made is played on lots of dedicated servers. It signifies that the author of the map created something that lots of people like to play and those good maps spread like wildfire in the community and they keep the community engaged over the long run.
Like Berzerk in ArmA.

@AlphaInfinity

Someone will do some good multiplayer mission to share for sure. Just wait. Don't cross off this community.