Viper radar tracking issue

dutchili

What happened here?
I was tracking the IL-76 when all of a sudden i lost the radar track. When I re-acquired the lock the IL-76 was far more to the left compared to the moment where i lost the track. 

It appeared to me that the E3 data and my own radar track were inaccurate.

Later in the mission I try to lock a MI-29S to shoot it with an AIM-120, but i cannot get the lock quickly with the radar so rely on the AIM120's own radar.

Did i you do things wrong?

...tried to update the track but it was over 5 mb...

On 4/18/2022 at 10:34 AM, dutchili said:

What happened here?
I was tracking the IL-76 when all of a sudden i lost the radar track. When I re-acquired the lock the IL-76 was far more to the left compared to the moment where i lost the track. 

It appeared to me that the E3 data and my own radar track were inaccurate.

Later in the mission I try to lock a MI-29S to shoot it with an AIM-120, but i cannot get the lock quickly with the radar so rely on the AIM120's own radar.

Did i you do things wrong?

...tried to update the track but it was over 5 mb...

The F-16's radar doesn't work too well at all in DCS at the moment and will easily break lock. Datalink is bugged too and will sometimes give accurate locations, sometimes inaccurate and sometimes none at all.

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• ED Team
1 hour ago, WHOGX5 said:

The F-16's radar doesn't work too well at all in DCS at the moment and will easily break lock. Datalink is bugged too and will sometimes give accurate locations, sometimes inaccurate and sometimes none at all.

please attach track replays, your statement makes no sense to me

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

he is talking about this: 

this: 

this: 

so all in all lots of things with the radar modes that do in fact limit its usefulness and force pilots to workarounds for these specific issues at this point in time.
in RWS the contact gets stuck upon break lock so to fix that, just use TWS. however in TWS you cant bug anything until close to R max whereas in RWS you can get a bug as soon as he appears on the B-scope. and then the antenna elevation does not match the numbers shown next to the radar cursor so you have to first either switch radar mode or move it quickly over the edge of the B-scope to show the correct numbers again.

i guess thats what he meant with "radar does not work all too well lately"..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

please attach track replays, your statement makes no sense to me

I would but I'm really strapped on time at the moment so I'm not able to do troubleshooting in the near future. The only flying I do is my communities weekly multiplayer missions which have huge trackfiles which is what I base my opinions on. If someone else could provide it that'd be much appreciated and, if not, I'll try to put some together in the future when my schedule clears up.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Just now, WHOGX5 said:

I would but I'm really strapped on time at the moment so I'm not able to do troubleshooting in the near future. The only flying I do is my communities weekly multiplayer missions which have huge trackfiles which is what I base my opinions on. If someone else could provide it that'd be much appreciated and, if not, I'll try to put some together in the future when my schedule clears up.

all the issues have been reported with trackfiles too and also been flagged as such. hoping to see some progress in the near future 🙂

• ED Team

You make it sound like the viper's radar is completely broken and that is not the case. 

Regardless, for this issue and if you want to report a problem attach a track replay, without it we can not check it against issues we already have reported. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2