When are we getting the Fire Control Radar?

JOEM423

• JOEM423 changed the title to When are we getting the Fire Control Radar?

In two weeks we will be flipping the FCR switch and setting the scan plane in X,Y and Z axis precisely in order to reduce radar noise but increase fast scan resolution on our point of interest..... it will be lovely.

In two weeks it will be ours. 🙂

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

"two weeks!!" is an  old joke in flight sim community... very old, like late 90's early 2000's. There used to be a dev team leader on a forum, and whenever people asked about the arrival of a patch or the release of a new product, he'd invariably say "two weeks"... and thus became a Meme!  The FCR function will probably NOT appear in May of this year... I've no idea what ED's  timeline is like, they are usually wise enough not to tell the public any hard estimates of time!

My real guess is 9 to 12 months, maybe then we'll get radar functionality. But it's a guess based on nothing of real substance.

Edit: one thing to consider though is that after Hind  got released, Wags has mentioned that ED's speed of development has increased a great deal, because instead of an individual working on a component, they now have teams working. So maybe it'll appear quicker than my guess! But probably not in May!

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

"two weeks!!" is an  old joke in flight sim community... very old, like late 90's early 2000's. There used to be a dev team leader on a forum, and whenever people asked about the arrival of a patch or the release of a new product, he'd invariably say "two weeks"... and thus became a Meme!  The FCR function will probably NOT appear in May of this year... I've no idea what ED's  timeline is like, they are usually wise enough not to tell the public any hard estimates of time!

My real guess is 9 to 12 months, maybe then we'll get radar functionality. But it's a guess based on nothing of real substance.

Edit: one thing to consider though is that after Hind  got released, Wags has mentioned that ED's speed of development has increased a great deal, because instead of an individual working on a component, they now have teams working. So maybe it'll appear quicker than my guess! But probably not in May!

I like your thinking ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick50 said:

If you consider how speedy they are with Hind updates and fixes, 2-3 years look like more plausible timeline

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, admiki said:

If you consider how speedy they are with Hind updates and fixes, 2-3 years look like more plausible timeline

The DCS Hind was released to EA  18 jun, 2021... that's less than a year ago.  :joystick:

So I'm a wee bit puzzld by your estimate... :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

In two weeks we will be flipping the FCR switch and setting the scan plane in X,Y and Z axis precisely in order to reduce radar noise but increase fast scan resolution on our point of interest..... it will be lovely.

In two weeks it will be ours. 🙂

Oh Ha Ha Ha! I wont hold my breath.........