What is the trick not to blow tires during take off?

Rongor

Compared to other delta wing planes (AJS37, MiG-21), the elevon authority seems very different at take off.

Taking Off with AA load and Afterburner, I do a full back stick at 130kt waiting for the front wheel to get high, then immediately release the stick to about 25% back trying to maintain 10° to 12° nose high, untill the main wheels are up and the vario is positive. I find the gesture quite brutal and has a lot of amplitude.

I don't have any correction on my stick's linearity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arnokm said:

Compared to other delta wing planes (AJS37, MiG-21), the elevon authority seems very different at take off.

Taking Off with AA load and Afterburner, I do a full back stick at 130kt waiting for the front wheel to get high, then immediately release the stick to about 25% back trying to maintain 10° to 12° nose high, untill the main wheels are up and the vario is positive. I find the gesture quite brutal and has a lot of amplitude.

I don't have any correction on my stick's linearity.

in addition to this above You have the Inverted "T" on HUD assisting You not to get Tailstrike in T/O and landing

• Like 2

At 120 start pulling back on the stick and keep pulling until the inverted T-bar on the bottom of the HUD is aligned with the horizon and hold it there.

You’ll probably unstick around 160 knots give or take 10 or so depending on conditions. 

Edited by kablamoman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...