Massive fps drop in vr when looking at the tower

doclucio

Hi guys, 3080ti Whit i9 10900k and reverb g2 running at 60hz stable here. When on the deck of the supercarrier everithing is fine untill i look at the tower…then i get a massive fps drop from 60 to 33…i think is related to all the people ?!?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, doclucio said:

Hi guys, 3080ti Whit i9 10900k and reverb g2 running at 60hz stable here. When on the deck of the supercarrier everithing is fine untill i look at the tower…then i get a massive fps drop from 60 to 33…i think is related to all the people ?!?

My money is on the miriad of complex and rotatng antenna. Unreststricted, the fps rises and falls in line with the rotation.  They make for complex and ever changing shadows and many have aspects to draw and compute

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 3 weeks later...

I too take a big frame-rate hit.  Perhaps it's something DCS could take a look at optimizing.  I don't want to have to lower my settings for shadows etc when everything is fine in all other aspects of the game.  It's just when looking at the tower in close proximity.

Yeah I see this too. When I test in 2D I notice that the goes up and down by a huge margin. Say from 40fps to over 80, then drops. Over and over in just a few seconds. Happens on any mission I have with the simpler missions having higher upper and lower numbers. Seems odd.